Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'll just shut my eyes for a second...

I know better than to give in to my heavy eyes.  Today I put both the babies down sat down and read with Maryn and my eyes were getting so heavy that I thought, sure, I'll just rest my eyes just for a second and TWO HOURS LATER I wake up to my phone ringing.  But it's not the good waking up.  It's the, I know the phone is ringing mentally but physically I can't move.  UGH!!!  Usually I can shake it off and be just fine but no luck today.  I was gonna start on Mason's baby blanket and would've had a REALLY nice start.  I'm running out of time and gotta get that sucker made before his first birthday, amongst other things that will be creeping up in the near future.  My body has been taking the brunt of my mind racing and boy it doesn't manifest well.  Gotta stop thinking so my body can function normally without having an anxiety ridden rotten tummy and sluggishness for the next little while. So much to do, so little time!


This is buddy guy longingly looking outside wishing he could play.  If only the rain, snow, sleet, wind and thunderstorms would ease up enough to do so.



3 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

I have those kinds of naps too often. But I guess that is one of the pitfalls of motherhood. Good luck on your list. :)

The Crazy Heads said...

Good for you. A little nap never hurt anyone. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that calls my little ones "the babies". Although, I don't know what we are going to do when the actual "baby" gets here.

Unknown said...

Totally hear ya! :) My "15-minute nap" the other day turned into two hours before I realized what time it was, and I only woke up b/c Hubby told me it was time to get ready to go to whatever thing was happening that night, LOL!

Sorry your tummy's been so upset lately, though... hope you're able to calm your mind soon. And have you considered yoga? Intentionally "stilling your mind," as one of my VT sisters phrased it last night, helps a lot. I know I can lower my BP immediately by consciously stilling/centering my mind, for example... I've noticed my readings are higher, (though still fine) at the baby appointments when I don't do it before they take my BP. Kind of funny, really.

FWIW, Buddy probably won't care whether his blanket's done by his official birthday. ;) And he won't even know whether it's done by then, unless you document it! ;)

Sending peaceful hugs your way! :)