Thursday, February 3, 2011

And the Amazing Child Award Goes to...

MARYN

This little girl has been amazing today!  She has made my day very pleasant to say the least with only minimal fighting between Macers and her.  Maryn decided a few days ago that it was cool to have a younger sister and has been molding her and teaching her all her ways from sliding down the stairs or how to pet the zhu zhu pets properly to teaching her to share.  She also kicked me out of the room twice today while I was trying to get Macers down for her nap and bedtime.

For nap time now we do either a nursery rhyme or a little jingle and for bedtime they get their usual story and favorite song.  So when I told Macey it was time to go take a nap Maryn ran through the house trying to beat me upstairs and told me that she would put her down.  She read her a book and tucked her in and Macey was off to dreamland.  Then when Macey woke up from her nap Maryn took Macey under her wing and they were playing like normal children should.  You have to understand this doesn't happen in our house...our kids hang around us like flies and I usually have to kick them out of the kitchen 50 thousand times so I can cook dinner.  Tonight was different I got dinner going(Maryn peeled the carrots for me and kept me company until the babies awoke) and a little later the kids were happily squealing in the family room pretending to be gymnasts.  Music to my ears!!  After dinner was done the kids played a little more and I told Macey it was time to get ready for bed and Maryn kicked me out of the room again.  She got Macey's clothes out for her and she read her yet another story while I was cleaning up the nursery.  Then she tucked Macey in and sang her Baby Mine.  If this keeps up I'm going to be out of a job.  I kept telling her that I could put her down and Maryn kept kicking me out of the room saying I want you to have time to spend with Daddy tonight and so you don't get frustrated with Macey and have a bad night.  Go have a good night with Daddy, Mom.  This kid is only 6 and WAY grown up beyond her years.  

Baby...I wish I could have a good night with Daddy but he is being a good neighbor and not available.  But I will sure enjoy the quiet.  

Thank you Maryn for making my day a little easier.  You are a beautiful thoughtful darling of a girl!

6 Special Comments:

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

This is so adorable!!! She MUST be learning from the best! Great job. This would make me so proud. Can't wait till my girls can really play together! She is a very smart girl.

Lisa Robbins said...

Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing! I especially loved the last comment she made telling you to have a good night with Matt. Oh so cute! This definitely gives me something to look forward to!!

Undaunted said...

She is a good oldest daughter. :)

The Crazy Heads said...

So awesome!!!!!! Ali used to do stuff like that too. Now when I ask her to help I usually get, "why do I have to do everything around here?" Enjoy it Deb, I hope it lasts forever!!!!!

Meg said...

So sweet. She is an amazing girl

Unknown said...

*sniffle!*

What a smart sweetie!!! :) And the thoughtfulness just doesn't end... enjoy helping your helper! :)