This year I got a restraining order from Matt that I couldn't enter the kitchen for Valentine's Day. Such a bummer! Actually I've been banned from baking for the past month. Supposedly sweets and such are not good on the waste line...who knew?!?! I usually end up giving them away and Matt gets the leftovers so it doesn't affect me much. I'm having serious baking withdrawals. So I put away my raspberry white chocolate cheesecake I was going to experiment with and got out my left over scrapbooking supplies and had the kids make Daddy some "hand"made valentines. I think they turned out rather cute. Daddy loved them so much he had me add on pics of Macey and Mason on their valentines and he is going to hang them up in his cubicle at work because the old digital photo frame died. I sure need to get my kids into a professional photographer. I swear Shan I keep thinking I need to call you but it took me 4 years just to get Maryn in...I'm pathetic!
I enlisted a good friend to come over and make "hand"made valentines for their Daddy too. Matt and Doug had no clue...we snuck the kids over when they were at a training meeting. And I actually kept it a secret until Monday morning!! It was pretty amusing trying to get the little ones hand prints on the paper. We learned that next time ink might be a better choice for the little ones and that red paint doesn't come off very well and trying to get a hand print from a sleeping baby didn't work out quite like planned. The kids still had fun doing it. Macey loves to look at her handprint and thinks it's the coolest piece of art in the world!
Friday, February 18, 2011
Valentine's for Daddy
at 3:22 PM
Labels: Macey, Maryn, Mason, valentines
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 Special Comments:
This is "hands," (haha) down the best Valentine ever! But really this beats any Valentine I made this year. What an awesome idea and so personal too! I love it!!!
super cute! I get the kids' handprints on a 12X12 every year for their birthday. They make a good washable paint from Crayola that I like. And I have learned that it is hard to get a good handprint from an awake baby too. They turned out super cute!
These turned out SO CUTE! I can't believe how big Mason is getting. I have only seen him a handful of times. P.S. I really need a blog tutorial...how bout a grown up play date ;)
Those are adorable! :) And I love Mason's handprint - GLOP! :) What a great idea - and thanks for the tips on what works and what doesn't, quite so well... ;) Way to surprise Matt, too!!! :)
Oh, and I have to say, I can totally relate to the baking hiatus - ever since I've had to cut that food out from my diet, I've done a lot less, and I discovered that I'm really a compulsive baker... I kept making stuff and giving it away for MONTHS before I just got out of the habit (and quit torturing myself). The compulsion has returned with the cooler weather, so we'll see how many things get made in the next little while.
I know our bananas need to make banana bread VERY soon...
I love them! They are very cute.
Doug was so proud to take them in to work! Thanks for inviting us!
so cute, deb you are way more creative than you give yourself credit for.
I saw your post yesterday and wanted to come back and read it more and give you some encouragement, but now you've taken it off. Anyway, hang in there. You are great!
Post a Comment