Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happiness runs in a circular motion...

You've heard the song "Happiness runs in a circular motion"...well we're changing the lyrics this week to "Sickness runs in a circular motion".  For the past 2 months we have not been able to get all the kids well at the same time.  Either one or all have been sick at some point in time and it keeps recycling.  This gives me memories of last year when we had to take dear little Macey to the hospital for an IV because she was throwing up for 8 days straight.  Thank goodness it hasn't been that bad but Mason is the one worse off right now.  We finally got the colds somewhat cleared up from the girls and at Mason's 9 month appointment the doctor informed me my little guy had a double ear infection.  The next day he came down with something awful.  Coughing uncontrollably, snot running like Niagra Falls, food coming back up and not breathing really well.  I found out later in the week that my friend's son had RSV and Mason had the same exact symptoms.  I feel bad for her little guy because he's younger than Mason and she works so her week has been miserable.  I ended up taking buddy guy in and turns out he has Bronchiolitis a form of RSV.  We are on the 6th day of this stuff and it's not fun.  My heart breaks when I hear him breathe.  We are over the worse part of it I think and there is nothing really at this point in time that the medical people can help with.  I think I am ready for the nicer weather to come so my kids can have a chance to get better!!  I already feel like a hermit not leaving the house with the kids during the day.  Makes ya really appreciate your health when it's good.

I know were not alone and a lot of families are dealing with constant sickness also.  I hope all is well in all your homes!

4 Special Comments:

Beth said...

So sorry to hear Deb! When my boys were younger, EVERY February they were constantly sick. I just came to expect it. Now that they are older it's not so bad, we've only had Tayla and Dallin sick a little. Hang in there! Spring is coming soon!!

Undaunted said...

So not fun. We have been dealing with sickness off and on here too. The kids are finally on the up swing and so am I. I know your will get through this too. I can't wait to open my windows and get rid of all the winter sickness.

AJ said...

I hope everyone gets feeling better very soon. Hugs.

The Crazy Heads said...

We're in the same boat, but with less vomit. We are getting better and are on the ups, I think. Hope you guys get better real soon.