Thursday, January 27, 2011

Impossible Night's Rest

The offenders:


 The victims:










Yes they look cute, cuddly and innocent but they have their devious side as well.  At least Maryn was down stairs and was soundly in snooze land last night.  Last night I felt like I was trapped in the Twilight Zone.  At about midnight buddy guy starts screaming uncontrollably.  After a lot of consoling and numb gum (poor thing just needs to cut his teeth already) I finally got him calmed down only to find that all the commotion woke up Macey.  I thought she would go back to sleep but I was dead wrong.  Finally started dozing off and Macey jumped on me.  Matt put her back to bed.  Then about 30 minutes later I heard this horrific scream from Mason.  Went and checked on him and I was trying to figure out how on earth two stuffed animals got in his crib only to find out Macey was hunched in the corner of the crib.  She had jumped in the crib nailing the poor guy.

Put her back to bed when 30 minutes later I started hearing all these doors closing and someone walking around the house and then someone getting tissue.  I jumped up and low and behold Macey was shutting the door to our bedroom so we wouldn't hear her.  Finally dragged her in to bed with us THAT DIDN'T WORK!  She decided to go get her blanket in the dark and while she was rounding the bed post smacked her eye into the side of the bed.  It's a pretty nice black eye I'll say.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Then, while in bed she kept purposely kicking my backside because she thought it was funny. Finally we put her back to bed and dragged buddy guy into bed with us while shutting her door.  Problem solved...NOPE!!  After starting to doze off again horrific screaming came from Macey this time.  She was scared and I came in 3 times to console her finally on the last time she just had to scream it out.  She was doing it to get us in the room.  I think this finally concluded close to 5:00 in the morning.  I think we are being punished for some unimaginable reason.  If you ever want to torture someone just keep them up for the whole night with screaming kids...they'll definitely break and begin to talk.

Here is hoping, praying, pleading for a better night's rest!!

6 Special Comments:

The Jensens said...

I am so sorry you had a horrible night. Teething stinks and sharing rooms stink. I often wake up to elijah screaming and run in there only to find Zach laying on top of him in his crib trying to get him to stop crying. The joys of children right?

Shannon said...

Oh man!!! I hope tonight is better for you guys. So sorry! That's one part of having kids that I worry about. I'm the meanest person if I don't get my sleep.

Undaunted said...

lol, I am so sorry and I can totally empathize with you! I do not do well with no sleep. At least tonight you have sheer exhaustion on your side.

Anonymous said...

sleepless nights suck, i think the kids are ganging up on you. hope you have a better night tonight.

Lisa Robbins said...

Hi Deb! I just wanted to quickly say thank you for your comment on my blog. That is some great advice from your nephew. I love getting advice from you because it's always good and it always helps me out. You put things in a way that I would have never even thought about or thought to even do. I have realized that I do try to make things more convenient for me with everything. Man, I wish I could have seen that before. I know that's not what you were trying to point out to me, but man that really hit me hard....in a good way!! I do love that your nephew pretty much simply said "Teach them." As obvious as that may seem, it's not so obvious when you are in that moment with your kids. Gosh,thank you so much! I really do appreciate it so much!! Now I can't wait until tomorrow to start doing those things!

Unknown said...

OH my word! Sorry I missed this post earlier; what a crazy night!!! I hope the nights have been calmer since then...

Have you considered trying an amber teething necklace for Mason? I've heard they work really well, but haven't tried one yet myself b/c I learned about 'em after Kiddo was past that stage... I do know people who use them and love them, though.