I'm not one for really making new year resolutions because I believe that we should be constantly working on refining ourselves. But, sometimes it helps to feel like you have a fresh start. You get in a rut and everything seems like your climbing Mount Everest...yes nearly impossible. Last year was a roller coaster year for our family and believe it or not when 2011 came in I felt a renewed feeling of hope that I could put the past year behind me. Not that it was entirely bad but a lot of new experiences both good and not so good really got my motor thinking and reflecting. So, I started writing just a few things down that I've been wanting to finish or improve on but lack the Oomph or confidence or I'm worried about getting it exactly perfect so I don't do anything at all syndrome or I make the project too big in my mind and don't know where to start yadda yadda yadda. I am the woman of a million excuses! I don't want to be that girl anymore.
Some things on the list have deadlines...gotta love those and others are a work in progress. One thing on my list was making the lullaby books for my kids. Mason's Lullaby Book pages are officially finished!! I proofed all the pages and perfect or not I'm going to get it ordered this week. I'm excited. I like some pages more than others but I think this will be a cute little keepsake for my kids. Here are the last of the pages I finished. Matt said one of the pages reminds him of the baby in the sun on Teletubbies. Whatever happened to that show? Anyway, here is the last few pages of his book.
Sidenote: Church was really good today. I really enjoyed the second talk from the Sister missionary from Japan. Gave me a renewed sense of what I'm supposed be doing and what I firmly believe in...Service and how people need each other. How true this is. Have a good week!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
1 down 2 to go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Special Comments:
That is a cute book. Way to go. I have a renewed motivation to get things done to. I'm almost done with my list and putting deadlines on them. With goals like that it makes for a great day, week and month.
Post a Comment