So, I have four extracurricular loves in my life and I got to do one of them tonight and I get to do 2 more this weekend. The fourth one is hard to fit in. Tonight I got to play volleyball. Our church team is not like your normal church team. There are women on there that can play well and you can get some really good hits in. Tonight I stayed a little bit longer and played with some more experienced players and I was in heaven. I got this amazing set and hit it so hard. To tell you the truth I was amazed that I jumped that high. After 3 kids your vertical is not what it used to be...or your width for that matter. Sometimes I think back to why I had to injure my knee but God in his wisdom wanted me on a different path and I'm pretty stubborn sometimes. I'm just grateful that I'm well enough to still play.
Now my next 2 loves. I get to sit down for Conference this weekend and crochet my little heart away. I absolutely love crafting but never get the time so this is my time where I can sit for 4 hours and pretend I'm a little Grandma making blankets. Also, conference weekend means FOOD! I'm SOOOO looking forward to Jumbo Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins, Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes, A new Quiche recipe, White chocolate Macadamia nut cookies and trying my hand at Southern cooking with Chicken Gumbo with Okra! I'm so excited can you tell!!! My husband keeps bugging me to open a sweets shop. Uh, honey that would mean I would have to come up with original recipes. Now my last love will have to wait. I can't sit down and play the piano and sing without 2 little girls jumping in and helping. I'm actually ordering books for Maryn to start teaching her. Hopefully she can learn from me. History hasn't been so kind.
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
My four loves
at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Special Comments:
I wish I could be there to help try out all those foods! I am glad that you get to do so many of things you like to do. It's nice to do those every once in a while!
That is so cool. I am excited to cross-stitch during conference. I figure it has to do with the gospel since it's a picture of Christ. You crochet your little heart out this weekend and I'll be thinking about you when I cross-stitch.
And I agree with your husband, open up a sweets shop, but open next to my house so I can have it all the time, Utah is too far away for me.
Oh man, that sounds great to just sit and crochet. The foods your making sound great! Yay for Conference weekend!
Post a Comment