So, after a long week for the first time in my mommy lifetime I'm doing something for myself and I feel really really guilty. My sweet friend gave me a gift certificate a while back for a spa day(she should really be the one going) and I'm getting my first pedicure. I about had a mental break down this week and told Matt I needed a day off from being a mom and without hesitation he said I agree. I asked him if it was selfish...it sure feels selfish. Was it that simple that's all I had to say??? So, I get an hour with no interruptions making my toes and feet look pretty before I deliver because lets face it people I can barely reach my feet to paint me toes as it is. And for those of you who are wondering I'll be 35 weeks on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Special Comments:
Prove it!!!!!! I want some pictures!
No it is not selfish to want alone time. Mom's are busy and don't get a break so its nice to get out once in a while with girlfriends, or to go to a spa and pamper yourself. I'm sure I will get there at some point, but when your in the house all day with kids you want time for yourself. So NO your not selfish you deserve it. If you don't feel good then you need a break.
It's not selfish at all - it's necessary. Our whole identity is not solely being a mom. We have our own desires and needs that need to be met, otherwise we can't give our all as mothers. How can we give when we're all dried up from giving?
I hope you enjoyed your time off!! It's WELL deserved! You're amazing - don't ever forget that!
Oh Deb, you are the most sweet, loving and devoted wife and mother. Letting yourself have some time "off" actually makes you a better Mom in the long run. You have a chance to refuel and let your mind rest and just think. I run to the store after Kirk gets home from work just to have a few moments to myself. Before I had Tayla I went in for a pedi, and boy did I get compliments from all the nurses and doctors! I hope you enjoy it and do it more often!!!!!!
YES! Abe and Buzz will be my new step-brothers. Crazy huh?
I often ask myself the same thing. Especially when I consider the big picture and the fact that I have always wanted to be a mom. so why do I have moments when I feel so eager to getr away?
Well, I don't know why, but I know it's not selfish. It's okay to take care of yourself and sometimes that means a little get away. Actually you probably have earned more than just an hour of freedom! Happy Mother's day Momma!
Post a Comment