After church today we were sitting down at lunch and Maryn is always trying to wheel and deal her way of getting a "snack" or "dessert" when she has hardly touched her food. She was sitting there bartering her way trying to get a cookie trying to compromise how many bites she had to take and I asked openly not expecting a response why do you always have to debate with me on EVERYTHING! Matt chimed in and said, my little Maryn is going to be a broker. So let's get her into the best private school we can to help her talent. Maryn's face crinkled in disgust and she made a funny gulping noise. I think I knew what she was thinking but just to be sure I told Matt he better explain to Maryn what a private school was. He sat down and asked her what do you think a private school was? Her response, somewhere you have to take off all your clothes and go to school. I had to turn around because I almost spit my food out from trying not to laugh noticeably. Then she said there's no way I want to go there. After Matt and I got our composure we explained to her that there were 2 types of schools one that you pay money to go to and it's not open to everyone and the other a public school where everyone can attend. I think she got it. Oh my little innocent child...if only I could keep her that way forever.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Special Comments:
That's SO funny!! Just picturing her face... Oh the stories you'll have to tell when she's all grown up!
Maryn is so funny. What a good laugh!!! This is one to tell her future husband.
Post a Comment