Okay here's the skinny. I love to cook and I love to bake so why on earth can I not get Jello right???? My baby Mace needs jello and every time I make it there is this rubbery type film on the bottom. I've tried the quick method and the normal way still same results. Is it hardening up too quickly when I put it on the cold fridge shelf? Do I need to put it on a towel or wire rack? Is there any jello experts out there? How can I can call myself a true LDS woman if I can't make Jello???
Yes, that last comment was a joke.
Monday, March 15, 2010
J-E-L-L-O
at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Special Comments:
Your guess is as good as mine. I've never made jello right, in fact, I don't even recall the last time I made Jello, but I know it didn't turn out. I think that's when I gave up on it. If you find the secret do share! :)
My family will not eat Jello in any form. They hate it. (Strange people.) Anyway, my mom taught me a little trick when making Jello if you substitute some ice cubes for some of the cold water it sets up faster and doesn't do the separation thingy. But then again, it's been a loooong time since I made Jello. Good luck.
K, this is what I do, I'm not a cook by any means:) I boil the water, then I pour the water in a glass bowel, then I pour in the jello, I stir it for probably 30 seconds or so, then I pour the cold water in, I stir it which seems like forever, it still has the little bubbles on top then I put it in the fridge. I made it on Saturday and we ate it on Sunday. I attempted to make my own Jello parfae (how ever you spell that)
lol
I have the best luck when I stir the jello for a couple of minutes to make sure it's dissolved before adding the cold water (and/or ice).
Good luck :)
I think the trick is to follow the recipe on the box to a T. When it says that you need to stir for 2 minutes in step one stir the whole 2 minutes. (Set a timer if you have to.) It can look like it is dissolved before it actually hits the 2 minute mark, but keep stiring. Happy Jelloing :)
Post a Comment