Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2010 Year of Change

So I have officially dubbed 2010 the year of change for our family and yes I know we're only in March. So many things have happened the past 2 months I felt like I could barely keep my head above water and so many more things are yet to happen. I'm buckling my seat belt to keep me grounded and hanging on for the ride.

This past weekend I was released as the Young Women's President. It's bittersweet because I know it's time but it's hard to leave those girls. They were the highlight of my week. Even though sometimes there was frustration they brought me great joy. I don't think it's hit me quite yet. We'll see after tonight when I don't attend the mid week activity. It will be different and probably on Sunday when I'm sitting in Relief Society...eeeee! I've been serving in YW's on and off for 8 years now. I keep telling everyone it's because I'm not getting it right they keep putting me back in there. But it's time for me to focus on my family and especially my two beautiful smunchkins. I have come a long way and feel so blessed to have these little girls in my life. I spent so much of my time with the first child trying to get things perfect and her perfect that I dreaded being a mother. I can honestly say now I don't think I'll have any greater joy in this life than being a mother. I had to do a lot of growing up and a lot of soul searching after having children(only took me 5 years) because of my own insecurities but everyday these girls make me laugh and I'm going to enjoy the time that I have with them tantrums, messes and all. According to Maryn I better get this right quick because when you're 21 you're practically old and on your way out. I had to remind her that I was 31.



One of our biggest changes this year is going to add a little boy to the mix. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm so thankful for the priesthood in our home. There were some concerns with the baby that have been resolved but it makes me so grateful that I have the gospel to rely on no matter what the outcome will be. After a blessing I was at peace with whatever would happened.

I don't welcome change...it's hard at first and it takes me a while to get used to but it's getting easier the more changes that happens. And I see the validity in change whether forced upon you or a decisions that needed to be made. They make you a better person. Thank you to those people who are watching out for us. I can not tell you how grateful I am to you.

5 Special Comments:

Michelle said...

uh oh 21 huh? Well that's not good news. I love you and your cute family. I am so excited for you and your new beginnings...I hope all of your upcoming adventures are less stressful than the ones you have been on so far this year. P.S. it is going to be totally weird to only have half of our YWs crew there tonight...you will be missed.

Donnie and Christina said...

Well your always 21!!! I hope that everything in life comes less stressful then can be imagined for you. I agree that 2010 is about changes, us too. Thank you again for hosting us even though you guys are so busy it totally changed our minds on staying with family....we love you and are so excited for our upcoming nephew! Keep in touch! Oh and Emma says she wants to talk to Maryn!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your release! :) I understand the bittersweet-ness... and I know they'll miss you, too!

And I'm so excited for you to have a little boy! They're wonderful - all in their own way! (Yeah, more to learn, but think of how much eternal education progress you're making! ;)

It's interesting that you mention learning to love being a mom, instead of loving only this perfect (non-existent) image of "a mom." I'm trying to just kind of dial back and enjoy *being* a mom, too - sending you happy reveling-in-life-and-all-of-mommyhood wishes!!! :)

Meg said...

You are a wonderful person and will be missed in YW. The girls love you as do I. I hope this year will be a wonderful one full of fun adventures with a crazy little boy. boys are fun :)

OneSharpDad said...

You're going to love having a little boy! We are excited for you guys.