Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FINALLY!!!


Finally, a night without throwing up! Macey has been throwing up everyday for the past 8 days. You think and say it's not possible...Oh I assure you it's possible! Our family got hit with this virus that I hope no one has to experience. Except Macey just couldn't get better. Every night I'd try to be hopeful that she would have a good night but would not be able to keep anything down. Towards day 6 and 7 I would just start to cry when the vomiting started because I could do NOTHING to help her and knew I'd be up the rest of the night listening for her. We finally got the go ahead from her pediatrician to go and rehydrate her in the hospital yesterday. She was such a champ. I was for sure that she was going to thrash and fight but she sat there like a big girl and actually watched them put the IV in and get her arm wrapped up to secure the line. Maybe I have a little nurse or doctor in the making. She started giggling when they wrapped her arm in dinosaur gauze. She didn't cry at all with all the stuff they were doing to her. The crying started when she figured out she had to sit and couldn't get down and play...then she was mad. I am so thankful she slept through the night. There were a couple of cries but nothing like what the past week has been. I'm giving this 3 days of good nights then I'll feel good about sleeping without worrying again.

Thank you to our little jello angel who came over and brought Macey jello last night when I was getting her prescription filled.

8 Special Comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

So glad you're family is doing well. It's no fun for anyone.

AJ said...

I'm glad things seem to be getting better. Macey is such a cutie! James was always so patient when we were at the hospital too.

The Wendt Wagon said...

Poor little girl. It is amazing what a difference a simple thing as getting fluids makes. I hope she feel better soon. It is so hard to have sick kids. We were hit with a similar bug that wiped our whole family clean out for about three weeks. I hope you get more sleep soon.

Meg said...

I'm glad she is finally feeling better. 8 days is such a long time.

Donnie and Christina said...

Oh man...poor little one, she got hit hard with the bug! I hope you get some sleep soon!

Beverly Fanning said...

super cute photo!!

Bri said...

Sorry to hear Macey has been sick, that stinks. Glad she seems to be doing better. She is looking So much older now.

John said...

macey face is such a trooper!! I love that little girl. I'm glad she'd feeling better. See you guys soon...