Matt and I had our 8th Anniversary yesterday. I was so busy trying to get everything done I didn't even turn on the computer believe it or not. Matt got home a little late which I was grateful because my scheming wasn't finished yet. Maryn helped me big time getting the house cleaned up, setting the table and picking out flowers for our table set up. And I'm the proud owner of a new tablecloth WOOHOO! Don't know why I have such an issue with buying things we need. Sorry I failed to get pictures except for the dessert which I might add was divine! I'll post that recipe later because I think it's worth it. We had little phyllo crab tarts and green olives for appetizers with a little bit of sparkling grape/apple. Macey kept sneaking the green olives. At first I didn't think she was eating them because she would lick them and her body would shutter then she would run off to return with her hands empty but she kept asking for more. Then we started our dinner out with a Caesar salad. Then we had steak, potatoes and steamed carrots. We put the kids to bed and enjoyed our dessert without them with raspberry custard puff pastry hearts. We have too much left over so if anyone is craving dessert bring a plate and I'll load you up.
It's hard to believe that 8 years have passed already. Time goes crazy fast after you get married. I can remember the day we got married very clearly. It was such a perfect day. I don't know if too many brides can say that. Everything was absolutely beautiful. I had wonderful friends from the singles ward that decorated the gym breathtakingly beautiful and so many people helped out to make it such a beautiful day. I rummaged through my pictures and scanned in a few when we actually looked good :) Here are some photos of our engagement picture and wedding day. At our reception that night I embarrassed Matt and put him in the middle of the floor and sang to him. That was a lot of fun...I think you can see how red his face got.
Even though Matt never reads the blog Happy Anniversary Babe! Thanks for putting up with me after all these years.




Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Happy Anniversary
at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
You are such a great couple!!! Way to go on 8 years! Sounds like a wonderful dinner and evening.
Awwww...you guys are so dang cute! Happy Anniversary!
Congrats!!!
How cute! I love Matt's red face in the pictures!
Post a Comment