My sweet grandmother passed on to the other side early this morning. If I've seemed distant or haven't returned your phone calls in the last week please don't be offended. She was a mother figure to me and I miss her so much. I've just needed time to sort out my thoughts. My sweet Grandma has always been in my life. I was fortunate enough to have her live really close the first 15 years of life. I was so upset when I found out she was moving to Idaho a few months before I got my license. We used to go to her house just about every Sunday. She used to tease me that she was going to put a brick on my head if I didn't stop growing. She was always a technological granny and taught us how to use the internet. She taught me the value of work as I often got to come help them in their garden and they trusted me to mow their lawn. It took me 15 years to figure out that she had been coloring her hair black for many years when one day I came to her house and she had a beautiful shade of gray hair with hues of purple. She always kept the cookie jar chucked full of goodies and we would always raid it. Grandma called herself a gypsy but would always be thinking of others. There is not a week that went by that she wasn't helping someone. She wanted to be able to be people's angels when they needed them. Towards the end there were sweet people all around her that were angels to her. She had a passion for Family History and did thousands upon thousand of names to submit to the temple. I was fortunate enough to get to know her when I was an adult when Matt and I moved to Boise and got to visit her on a regular basis. She taught me how to can peaches and was always looking out for us starving college students. Macey carries on her middle name of Lenore. The thing that I will remember most is the absolute faith that she had. I have never met someone more full of faith and more passionate about the gospel and have such a surety of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Grandma, I will miss calling you every week and having you tell me that I made your day. I will miss your kisses on my cheek and the smell of your lipstick. I will miss your kind words of encouragement. But I also know that you will be happy continuing on the work that you've wanted to finish for so long. We love you and will miss you.




Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Grandma Doris Lenore Wickard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 Special Comments:
I am so sorry to hear that. It is so bitter sweet. May you heart be blessed with peace.
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'll be praying for comfort for you.
Deb I am sorry to hear about your Grandma and I enjoyed reading your special memories of her. Take care of yourself and let me know if I can help with anything. P.S. I think you look like her.
Aw, Debbie... I'm so sorry for your loss. I know she's still going to be helping you out, even though you're no longer starving and no longer in college... {:-) Thanks for sharing your memories of your amazing grandmother! *hugs* Praying for peace & comfort your way... and I bet she is, too. *more hugs!!!*
And I agree with Michelle - you do look like her. :)
oh Deb,I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I too, enjoyed the memories that you shared with her. That second to last picture totally reminds me of my Grandma a month or so before she passed away. She looks so sweet.. If there is anything you need please let me know.
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. If you need anything PLEASE let me know.
I'm so sorry! She sounds like an amazing woman. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. *Hugs*
Hey Deb, I know how you are feeling. I haven't kept up on much myself so I am sorry I am just reading this now. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! It will be ok. It hurts everyday, sometimes to the point that you can't breath, but it will be ok. Call if you need something.
208-313-4241
There isn't anything as sweet as knowing we are sealed to such an amazing person. It's truly an honor.
Post a Comment