Friday, January 15, 2010

Just My Luck

Well, ya know those ultrasound pics I said I was going to post. I think I've been cursed lately because things haven't quite worked out in my favor I'll just say. I got to my 20 week ultrasound appt yesterday...early...and was sitting and waiting and waiting and sitting. In pain because my bladder was about to explode. Matt finally showed up...had an emergency at work that he had to have completed and sent off even though he took half the day off but he promised me he would be there. Didn't matter if he was late or not because I was still waiting and sitting by the time he got there. I was the first person in there and kept watching people get called back for 40 minutes. Finally I asked uh what's up? I promise you'll be the next one. There was no other explanation than that. So, I sat back down 35 minutes later we were still waiting and I was emotional and had anxiety and was ready to blow up if someone even looked at me wrong. I tell ya this pregnancy really has my emotions flying. So about 1 hour and 15 minutes later the technician came out and called us back and was aplogizing profusely. I guess the printer to the ultrasound machine had broke and she was trying to fix it and got the pictures to start coming out but the pics were washed out and it's hard to tell what things are. The guy that fixes the machine was out of town and wouldn't be back until Tuesday to fix the machine. I wish the receptionist would have told me that and I wouldn't have been so frustrated PLUS the ultrasound gal told the receptionist to let me know if I needed to use the bathroom to just let me go...that would've been a nice tidbit of information. Before you go into any ultrasound they ask you to have a full bladder. So they can see parts of the baby better and get an accurate measurement. Sometimes I just wish I could go back to Idaho and have all my babies. I had such a good experience at the hospital and clinic that worked with me. I MISS IT! For now, I guess I"ll have to be happy and deal with what's given me and PRAY that everything goes well during this delivery. My goal this year is not to worry as much and not to live with regret. It's really hard though when you had an awesome prenatal and birthing experience with the first baby and the rest stink. The baby is camped out across my belly and showing signs of being stubborn. Truly is a Murdock baby. And yes it's still a boy! I'm gonna see if I can work some magic on the photos and try cleaning them up with my digital photo software. We'll see?!?!

4 Special Comments:

AJ said...

Sorry you had such a rough time. Congrats on the baby boy!

Unknown said...

Ha! Thanks for including the "still a boy" line - with that title, a reversal of the "diagnosis" was the first thing that crossed my mind, LOL!!! :)

At any rate, sorry it was such a miserable experience... hope things start working a little more smoothly for you! :)

Also, I think I'm ignoring the full bladder instructions on any future 20-week ultrasounds - at mine, they told me they didn't need it for that u/s (whereas it's necessary for the 12-week/earlier ones). But they leave their instructions anyway. Seriously, is it a rite of passage to be in pain for no reason or something?!?!

Unknown said...

Oh - and glad you at least got digital pics!!! :)

Abe and April said...

Congratulations on having a boy. I am with you on wishing I could have the rest of my children in Boise. I was not at all pleased with my last experience.

When I had my last ultrasound the technician told me to use the bathroom first thing.