I don't know if you've seen those commercials for what you are doing to "Go Green" but people are commenting on what they are doing to conserve in their life. Even though I'm a believer in conservation we have been involuntarily going green by only using one car. For the past 3 weeks we have been down to 1 car because of snow and a metal gate totaling our commuter car. How depressing too...it was the first car I ever bought. We had this little thing for 9 years and it was named Speedy. I have to tell ya though...I don't know how people do it with just one car. I've been patient but I was about put over the edge on Monday when Maryn was in serious pain from an obvious ear infection. How do you tell you're child that we have to wait until Daddy gets home to see the doctor when she's moaning in pain. I have been so blessed to have a wonderful friend watching over us(I officially adopted her) and her husband blackmailing to help(that's a whole other story) but I can't do this forever. My hubby keeps promising me he has a plan but the way the last few months have been going I'm losing hope. I'm hoping my bad news streak is going to break soon...I always say things come in 3's but I'm getting into the 3's times 3. I'm tired of being pessimistic and depressed and continually getting negative news so I've been trying to think of funny things that have happened in the last week so here's my list:
1. Watching Macey head banging to hard rock when we changed the radio station.
2. Giving Maryn a nickel for taking out the dishes. She dropped it on the ground and was kicking it and said hey mom look it's just like a honkey puck. I asked her to repeat what she said because I didn't think I heard her right and she said a honkey puck, you know what you play honkey with.
3. Everytime I say banana Macey sticking her tongue in and out like she was licking a popcicle.
4. Maryn telling me if she gets done with her chores before I do that she gets to drive the car as a reward.
5. Watching 2 grown men in their 30's play Princess Yahtzee with my 5 year old.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Involuntarily Going Green
at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
Oh Deb, I'm so sorry about your car and about everything! You are such a wonderful woman and I look up to you so much. I will keep you in my prayers, hang in there!
That Maryn sure is funny! She's like a little adult!
We love you guys! Thank you for letting us help in little ways. Anytime you want to go anywhere, just give me a call. I'm usually looking for an excuse to get out of the house!
I love your kids too! They are SO stinkin' funny! keep smiling (or trying too). I promise things will get better soon. I can feel it...
That last one is the best. I love when dads can do that. Next time get a picture!
Way to be optimistic. Seriously I hate it when it is raining, and it pours. That is how it seems sometimes. So sad about Maryns ear. I hope you were able to get her to the doctor's. One car is very hard. We did it for five years, and I hope to never have to do it again. There are much more convient ways to go green.
Post a Comment