Monday, December 21, 2009

Naughty List



I've been up to some mischief this week and somebody in our family ended up on the naughty list. We even got a phone call from the North Pole. Last night the whole world was coming to an end with Maryn and I couldn't take much more of it and Matt had mentioned that if Maryn doesn't shape up she was going to end up on the naughty list. I went upstairs and called Matt from the cell phone and told him Santa Claus was calling and that Maryn was on the naughty list. He was repeating what I was saying because Maryn was in the room. All of a sudden I heard this high pitched scream...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I almost thought for a moment that I had given my child psychological problems. Matt talked to Maryn through her sobs and told her that if she was really good that Santa Claus would call back to let her know she was off the list.

She said, "Daddy, that wasn't Santa Claus. It was Mrs. Claus because I heard a woman's voice."

Phew...my cover wasn't blown. So needless to say I had the most polite and considerate little girl for the rest of the night. I've never heard so many please and thank you's in my life. Mrs. Claus did call back that night and she was impressed at how well Maryn was doing so if she went straight to bed and had a good day the next day she was off the naughty list.

That's not the only thing I did that day. This next one would definitely land me on the naughty list. One of my young women skipped my class yesterday when she promised me that she would be there. Ya see, she was supposed to be conducting and she was there the whole time until Young Women's then she flittered away with some friends. I found her mom afterwards and said here's *******'s present, she ditched my class today! Thank goodness this particular mom is awesome! My friend/advisor was there and jokingly both of us said we should go steal her leg lamp and hold it for ransom. If you've ever seen Christmas Story you'll know what I'm talking about. So, the mom said she's gonna be gone tonight you can get it then!!! My friend offered to steal the lamp and I wrote the ransom note. She won't be able to figure out where it is until she decodes the message on the bottom. Now the leg lamp is displayed nicely in my friend's front window!! I told you I'm going to end up on the naughty list. I'll leave you with a copy of the ransom note.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas this week!!! Here are my girls in their beautiful Christmas Dresses.

7 Special Comments:

The Jensens said...

I still cannot believe we pulled off the whole leg lamp thing. It is still sitting on my table waiting for it's owner to come and pick it up. I might call mom today and ask her if she wants if back. To funny

OneSharpDad said...

We threatened to call Santa when Kyle was being naughty last week. When I stood up to go get my phone, Kyle burst out into tears and screaming.


P.S. What is a "HOVSE"?

Michelle said...

Leg Lamp Thieves....too funny! I need to bring you Chante's box too and pick up my scarf I left at your house. Sam has been so bad lately I am almost ready to tell her Christmas day is the 24th and have her wake up to nothing!!

Shelley Gee said...

You are such an awesome YW leader!! Have a GREAT HOLIDAY!!!

Undaunted said...

LOL, I can soo see you doing that! I have decided that if you haven't given your child at least 10 years of therapy that you haven't done your job right as a parent. ;) You defently tacked on a year with that one. lol

Shannon said...

You are hilarious, that sounds like something I would do. Hope you guys have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Donnie and Christina said...

hahaha! did she ever come and pick it up? Hopefully she went back to class! LOL you are soooooo creative....I guess that what happens in UTAH! Were not so creative up here!
We did almost the same thing with Emma except she didn't get a whole lot better! She just melted!!!