I am so thankful to be living in a place where we are surrounded with good friends. Wherever we have been we have been blessed in this regard. Our ward family really is our family! When we moved to Salt Lake we knew that we would be on our own since the nearest family we have nearby is 2 hours away. Needless to say we have been blessed by wonderful people all around us.
Backing up a little bit...On Christmas I reached under the tree to hand out presents and the label said "To: Dad, From: Dad". I looked up at Matt and said you bought your own present and wrapped it?? He just smiled and tore it open to show Maryn that he had a snow tube that was similar to Maryn's so they could go tubing the day after Christmas. They went tubing the next day as promised and were gone for nearly 3 hours. I was thinking a 4 year old can't last that long? Did they get in an tubing accident, is Matt unconscience and he doesn't have his wallet and Maryn forgot our phone number? Yes, typical me worrying. So, eventually Matt comes home and said he found someone at the golf course(where they go sledding). It was Maryn's friend she plays with. Then Matt said the rest of the family will be over soon for hot chocolate. I was confused for a moment then found out my friend's husband had the same idea to go sledding with his kids the same time Matt did and happen to run into each other at the golf course. They are good Daddy's. They had a blast and I heard some funny stories and scary ones too. My favorite was the one where these teenage girls were resting on their intertube trying to get up the long hill and Maryn jumped on her tube to go down the hill and accidentally hit their tube and knocked it all the way down the hill...and I think she even took one of the girls out. That's just funny!
Anway, we had fun after the rest of the family showed up and had hot chocolate and pizza a little later. I always worry that we're too boring or people don't want to be around us. Or we don't want to take too much of anyone's time up. It's good to know we have people that care about us and we can be ourselves...messy house and all. Thanks you guys!!!
Christmas Pictures to come!!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Good Friends, Fun Times
at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
I don't think anyone could be board with you! And if all else fails, just let your food do the talking :D
HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!
(Sorry - I'm STILL laughing about Miss Maryn taking out those teenage girls, LOL...)
Anyway, what AWESOME Daddy time!!! :) Glad you have such a great ward family!!! :)
That is awesome. Brad took Kav sledding to. I need to post pictures of them, he had SO much fun.
You guys are LOTS of fun! And I'd love to have a "messy" house like yours :) Thanks for letting us hang out with you!
Post a Comment