Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Macey "No Fear" Murdock


My crazy kid decided she didn't want to be in her crib anymore yesterday. I put baby Macey down for a nap and she was mad. She was screaming at the top of her lungs then all of a sudden I heard a HUGE thud and the screaming stopped. I'm thinking...there is no way...as I was running top speed up the stairs and when I opened the door baby girl was on the ground outside of her crib trying to get her blankie and dolly out. The little stink fell out of her crib. She must've landed on her feet because she was standing straight when I opened the door and not crying. When she saw me she smiled and started running from me because she thought she was in trouble. I grabbed her and checked all her arms, legs and head. I was panicked a little bit because I couldn't stop thinking of when Maryn fell out of her bed and broke her arm. I'm still amazed Macey didn't hurt herself and more amazed how in the world she got out of bed. Then she climbed up on the rocking chair and tried to jump off of that. She's only 13 months old. Kiddo, Mommy's heart can't take things like this.

6 Special Comments:

John said...

Macey Face, your are definitely a thrill seeker.

Undaunted said...

I am glad she was okay. :) LOL Reminds me of Alex. Trying to keep that boy still required major rope.

AJ said...

Tim did that. I bought a toddler bed for him that day.

Shannon said...

Silly little Macey! You should get those tent things that go over the cribs - that way she can't get out. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my word, my heart started racing when I read the first sentence!!! (And the first few sentences *after* it, too!) So glad she was okay, and good luck deciding what to do with her now!!! (Our little adrenaline junkie is partial to card tables and swiveling office chairs - from and to - for jumping. Insane.)

The Wendt Wagon said...

Oh my goodness. Why do they always want to grow up so darn fast. I am so not ready for Marix to do that. I guess that is one way to get a big girl bed. Silly Goose.