Friday, December 4, 2009

Dead Zone

You know those commercials for Verizon where they make fun of people without 3G networks yadda yadda yadda. I think I'm in the eternal abyss of a dead zone. For the life of me the only internet provider that services this area is Comcast and I'm so tired of them. I'm tired of their gimmicks and tired of them increasing the prices when they say they won't. I'm usually pretty nice but I wasn't so nice to the gal on the phone(feel a little bad about that). I've tried every other service provider that I can think of and NO ONE has service here. It's pretty said when Qwest doesn't even offer dial up. It's not like I live on the ends of the earth...well maybe close. Is there anyone in the Kearns area that is going with someone else for internet...and if they are PLEASE tell me who they are!!!

3 Special Comments:

lmackay32 said...

I am pretty sure that you can get service through Direct TV and those other satelite providers, but I think they charge you a pretty hefty 'installation fee.' I know we don't have many options out here.

ryan said...

If I remember right Directv is Comcast.

You mentioned Verizon they have internet.

Also our neighbors have Highspeed Utah. That company needed a place to put a tower so they get theirs for free...

Alison said...

My in-laws did vonage for a while. I don't know if they do anything out here though. Yeah, it's pretty stinky being at the end of the neighborhood. I think to the east of us they're able to get Qwest, but someone told me they aren't impressed with Qwest service. Anyway, gotta love a monopoly.