Saturday, December 12, 2009

Double Dog Dare Ya

This past week we had a monster of a snowstorm. The funny thing was no one believed me that it was going to snow a ton. We live in a different climate on the bench so if in downtown they are supposed to get 6 inches we get 12 inches. I think we ended up getting somewhere about 12 to 16 inches on this snowstorm and it took me about 2 hours to dig out the driveway. I even had a neighbor helping me for a half hour of that. I know, I know...I already got set straight by my husband I wasn't to do that again. It's just so hard for me to sit still.

That morning before I ventured out I was cuddling with Macey and Maryn was entertaining us. I saw the snow out on the deck and was so amazed at how deep it was. I looked at Maryn and said I dare you to go jump out in the snow. She asked me if I was serious...of course I'm serious. I dare ya to do it. She smiled at me and told me but mom I have my pajamas on. That's why it would be so cool. I was halfway joking and didn't really want her to jump out in the snow but I kept teasing her saying I don't think you can do it. I then told her if she did it I'd give her the biggest cup of hot chocolate I could make. She said, OKAY, and opened the door and jumped head first into the snow.

I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. She wanted to do it again but it was so cold so I dragged her inside and warmed her up. I couldn't stop laughing. This kid is fearless.

I better be careful next time what I dare my child to do.

4 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh - that's HILARIOUS!!! I can totally see Maryn doing it. Man, a video of that would have been hysterical. GO MARYN!!!

Alison said...

Too funny!! oh to be a kid again...

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

That is so funny!! She really wanted that hot chocolate!

Lisa Robbins said...

That is so funny!!! From your description, I could just picture her with the biggest smile on her face. So cute!! She is going to remember that for a long time!!!