Monday, October 12, 2009

Monster in the Trunk

We made a trip to home depot after dark tonight to finish up some odds and ends for Maryn's room. Oh yeah, do you remember the room that Matt tore apart exactly a year ago. It's finally done and Maryn moved in this weekend!! I'm so proud of her. She slept all by herself last night without a hitch. She loves the fact the she can shut the door to her room and that her sister can't come in. Okay, back to the story. We were coming out of Home Depot and I was getting the girls in the car and Matt was putting the cart away. I buckled in Macey then went to round up Maryn and she was in the middle of the parking lot. I called to her to come and jump in and when I looked up she had this really concerned look on her face. I called to for her again to come jump in the car and she couldn't take her eyes away from something. The only words that came out of her mouth was WHAT. IS. THAT???? I asked her what was what??? Then she pointed and said, "THAT"!
She came really close to me and I turned to look and my heart about stopped and I jumped grabbing Maryn. There was a hand sticking out of the trunk of a van. It took me a few seconds to realize the hand that was dangling out of the closed door in the back of the mini-van was fake! I started laughing but I looked at Maryn and she started shouting there's a monster in there Mom! I kept telling her it was fake and that someone put it there as a joke. She said that's no joker mom it's really real and it's a monster! I couldn't stop laughing the whole way home.

5 Special Comments:

Shelley Gee said...

How cute!!!! Horrifying, but cute!

AJ said...

Poor girl! I think I would be scared too, seeing that in the dark.

John said...

HA ha ha! Maryn is a crack up! Was it a halloween prank?

Abe and April said...

That is so funny. I have never stopped to think how scary those types of decorations are for little kids.

Anne Marie Corey said...

Oh, Maryn, Aunti Anne love you so much. I won't let that scary monster get you!