Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Unwelcomed Guest


Dear Unwelcomed Guest,

I didn't invite you and you still end up eating a whole row of my carrots. Why couldn't you have eaten the squash? I was very careful this year so I could have my carrots perfect. I spaced them like I was supposed to, unlike last year where we had artistic carrots from lack of growing room. I hope you get sick from all the yummy carrots that you devoured.

Thanks a lot!
The Gardener

I thought this only happened in cartoons. Every carrot I picked I had a vision that there would be a rodent attached to the end! Other carrots weren't so lucky they were sucked down the hole. If you see fat rodents running around the Murdock property be sure to call the garden police...they have committed a crime!

2 Special Comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

That is sad and hilarious at the same time. You should set up a trap with a carrot in it like on the cartoons and when he reaches for the carrot the stick falls out and the box traps him!!!! good Luck!!!

Unknown said...

I HATE rodents.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTE them.

All of 'em.

Good luck protecting the rest of your produce... maybe raised beds with wire mesh lining them next year? Eek!!