Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Steps


My baby took her first steps last Thursday. We were all in the family room and Macey was next to me and I was watching her but didn't realize what was going on. Something just didn't seem right until we realized she was taking her first steps. Macey started walking from the couch and took about 4 steps. She looked like she was creeping around or a little Igor. She was so excited at her fourth step she let out a loud squeal then dropped to the ground in a fit of giggling! We practiced with her a little more and Daddy had the grand idea to have her walk toward the couch that had the wood trim on the bottom of it. She didn't make contact with the couch but her head did. Needless to say she has been reluctant to try since then BUT she walked by herself!

4 Special Comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah! My baby is walking too. Not to relunctant to let go of things and walk, but she will do 10-15 steps between people!

BrittanyLane said...

Yay! I love this stage. So sweet! Treasure every second... potty training and the terrible twos are just around the corner. (I say this after a long day of dealing with my own sassy yet sweet two year old.)

Anne Marie Corey said...

Good job Miss Macie! Aunti Anne is so proud of you.

Bri said...

I LOVE the teeth!