Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Donut Falls


The family went on a day hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon. My friend always knows where all these cool hikes are and she blogged about Donut Falls so we looked it up and went ourselves. The further we drove up Big Cottonwood the colder it got but it was pretty nice for a hiking day. We strapped Macey in and we were off. When we got to the Falls I stayed with the girls while Matt went rock climbing into the falls. He looked like spiderman jumping from one rock to the next. He took the camera and videotaped inside the grotto so we could see what it looked like. There was a little part where we had to cross the river on some trees and Maryn was terrified but on the way back she gained her confidence. We never got to do this as a family growing up and I love going on hikes and picnics.

4 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

What a wonderful spot. Making memories and being with your family. I love the new photo's across the top. Your scrapbooking talent shining forth. :)

Shelley Gee said...

Deb, you look so great! I love seeing pictures of you family. Your girls are adorable!!!

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, you brought back some memories for me! I went hiking to donut falls when I was 15 and "he" was 17. I thought I was gonna marry this guy. And the hike was awesome because he had to hold my hand and help me! Hee Hee. Anyway, glad you had fun!

Donnie and Christina said...

I love all your family outings! We will have to get some ideas from you guys...cute family pics too!