Soooooo, all the girls are in bed, garden, hanging baskets and tomatoes are watered and husband is thousands of miles away for the next 4 days on a business trip. What's a girl to do? Guilt free blogging I guess. I dropped off Matt today at the airport right after church. If you want to get through security super fast fly out of Salt Lake City on a Sunday. There was NOBODY there when I went to drop off Matt. Plenty of people flying in but not much going out. Matt called after he landed in Texas and told me it took him about 3 minutes to get to his gate by the time I dropped him off. He made it safely there so it's me and the girls for most of the week.
When it was bedtime Maryn gave me the million excuse routine. I'm sure every mother has experienced this but Maryn thinks she's an adult so she doesn't understand why Mommy stays up until 10:00 when she has to go to bed at 8:00. She ends up making so many excuses before bedtime that sound legit but you know she is just doing it to extend her time being up. She is getting quite good at it too and mommy has the tendency to fold to most of the demands. I try to stay strong. I'm okay if I know from the get go she is playing me. This girl has my number and she is only 4! For some reason I'm like a drone and when told what to do I just supply the need without even thinking about it...WHY DO I DO THIS??? Good thing Daddy is here to balance things out...oh wait he's gone for the next few days. Hopefully we'll survive this week.
I have a few blankets that I badly need to finish! I feel like such a loser. I used to make blankets for people right and left and it's been so hard to find a few minutes to sit down and finish these projects that I have. Maybe I'll do that now...gotta go people the house is quiet (AWWW BLISS) and I'm a woman on a mission. Sorry for the randomness.
Random Maryn Moment: Maryn used to know all the words to Jingle Bells. For some reason she's losing the lyrics as she gets older and she's been singing it this way...Oh what fun it is to ride office orpen sleigh.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
What's a girl to do?
at 9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
Bear world is between Idaho Falls and Rexburg...but closer to Rexburg. On their home page you can get all the info!
Have you ever posted pitures of the blankets you make? I would love to see some of them. I have a cousin in law (Jen) that is an amazing quilter/blanket maker. She and all of her friends made a blog called quilting sister. Go to my blog and check it out some day, it is amazing what they can do!
Hope you are able to say sain and get some things done on your down time. Don't feel bad about blogging, it's for posterity purposes, we have to do it!
When Kirk leaves town it's project time around here...hee hee!!! Have a good time Deb, and don't go crazy without adults to talk to...well not that you don't have friends to talk to, but you know when the day is over and it's nice to have an adult conversation with your husband...I'm rambling now. Just have fun!
Post a Comment