Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


For Mother's Day weekend we took a trip up to Clifton, ID. I have to admit I was not in the most chipper mood so I was not perky about going but it turned out to be a fun weekend. Mom and Dad Murdock serve in the temple on Saturday's so our little family went off roading up to Clifton Basin. You can only get so far up the mountain this time of year or else you'll get your rig stuck. Which would not be cool since it's my only mode of transportation. We were warned there were some trees that were down on the way up but nothing Matt couldn't handle.

I looked back and the girls little heads were bobbing back and forth. Macey ended up falling asleep and didn't hear much from her the whole trip. We got up to Little Basin and there was a huge mud patch. I was surprised when Matt went through it instead of around. He stopped right in the middle of it and I could feel my side at an angle getting sucked in the mud. Should've taken a picture of Lady(our Yukon) because it was caked in mud. Further up the trail we made it to Clifton Basin and couldn't go any further because there was huge snow drifts. We stopped and looked at rocks in the creek and collected some wildflowers.

On the way down we stopped and hiked down to look over the cliffs. And Matt and Maryn took an extra hike to look at a truck that had ran off the road 50 years ago. Legend has it a guy had a heart attack coming down the mountain and ran off the cliff.

It's been a while since I'd been up the mountain because I'm usually home taking care of the babies. It was very peaceful going up where you feel free and have fresh air. Hopefully I'll be able to get a four wheeler ride this summer.

2 Special Comments:

BrittanyLane said...

You're so cute Deb! You never have pictures of yourself on your blog. These are great shots. Glad you had a fun weekend.

Anne Marie Corey said...

Those are some great pictures with you and Macey and you and Matt. Definitely framable.