Monday, May 4, 2009

Slowly Coming Back

Sorry that I have been missing in action. Matt finally got my computer reformatted. Everything loaded up successfully EXCEPT of course my scrapbook program. He has to get it fixed...that's one of those things you can't live without. He promised me he would and I believe him. Whenever Matt says he can fix something he always can.

Just a few random things that happened this last week. Don't have my pics on this computer transferred yet so those will have to wait. BUT Maryn learned how to whistle. She used to try to whistle by sing/blowing to make it sound like a whistle. Matt was working with her and later that day we were waiting ridiculously long in the bank line and she was practicing and all of a sudden a little TWEET came out of no where. She got this huge grin on her face and has been whistling non stop since.

Macers is a rolling fool! I learned my lesson the hard way too. We'll just say mommy won't leave her for 2 seconds anymore on sister's bed! Sorry baby! She also learned this past week how to scowl and she does it on purpose. She'll be really happy then give you a scowl. She'll wait for your reaction and when you smile she'll break out of her Macey Scowley face and smile back. Such a stinkin' cutie. We're still working on the sleeping through the night uninterrupted. Hopefully that will happen sooner than later. Macey is also wanting to go mobile. Not sure if I'm up for that yet. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. I know from past experience it's only a matter of time. Guess it's time to invest in more baby gates.

We've implemented a new chore chart for Maryn and it has been working wonders! She earned her first quarters this past week and she is cruising right along. I finally got it into her head I would like her to do her chores without asking. This morning after we ate breakfast she said I gotta go do my chores so I'll be right back. WHOAH!!! Where has my daughter gone? Who would think happy face stickers would have such power!!! It's been about 2 weeks and she's still enjoying it!

I'm hoping within the next week I'll be back up and running. I feel so handicapped without certain functions of my computer. And I'm sad because I'm going to have to start my favorite folders all over again. I just have to get my scrapbook program working or else years of work will go down the tube. Although I have to say since I haven't been on my facebook account and limited Internet access a TON of time has been freed up. Amazing!!!

5 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

Glad you are getting everything up and running again. I am glad you didn't loose to much. I have lost a lot of pictures before and it is so frustrating. I hope you all up and running very soon. :)

The Crazy Heads said...

Isn't it amazing what you can do when you cut out all of this??? I can stop at any time, I just don't want to. I quit watching tv completely when Oscar lost the remote control.

Shannon said...

It's good to see you back in the blogging world. Hopefully all will be well with your Scrapbooking things, and everything else. Yay for Maryn learning how to whistle!

Anne Marie Corey said...

Kudos on the whistling Maryn. You'll have to give me a sample one of these days.

Abe and April said...

Wow! It is so fun to watch children learn new skills.