Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm becoming one of THOSE people

With the start of a brand new school year we have ventured out in the unknown and the girls our starting dance.  Not only that but my little Macers started pre-school this week.  For the last 3 days I have found myself running here and running there and feeling like I'm not accomplishing anything.  The only benefit I see from this is it's forcing me to schedule out my day a little better.  So I'm becoming one of those mom's who is so busy it's hard for people to get a hold of me and running from one thing to the next.  We'll just see how long I can keep this up.  My little Buddy could have started pre-school this year too but the little man refuses to get potty trained.  Also, I'm not ready to send my baby out in the world yet.  That will all change once I put on my drill sergeant hat next week.  I had a frank talk with him.  I told him this is the big leagues now and it's time to throw those yucky diapers away and wear big boy underoos.  I got an okay mommy while he was putting his head down.  I asked him if he would like to pick out some more underwear on his own and that peaked his interest.  Mason loves talks.  Every week we put him in nursery Matt has a talk with him.  This past week Matt forgot and Mason politely told Matt he wanted "THE TALK".  Matt said, "oh, okay...go have fun!".  Mason told him NO NO NO tell me no hitting, be nice and remember to share your toys.  This kid loves boundaries so I'll have to use that to my advantage.

I'll have pics in a few days but I FINALLY finished painting my room in between living my life.  It's so hard to get things done as a mom because you have to stop and make lunch, stop and solve a crisis, stop and pick up the kids, stop and make dinner, stop and go to a dentist appt., stop and help the hubby and so on and on.  The whole paint thing turned into a disaster/blessing.  I didn't get the color I had wanted that took a year to pick out but I'll have to write about that later when I have time.  It's a little involved.  But the baseboards are fancy and it's nice to not have the yucky paint job from the previous owner anymore.  I'm saving the doors for another day because I've ran out of steam and I miss my bed.

And last I have some of the most awesome friends in the world.  I was kidnapped last week and taken hostage to go have fun for my birthday.  For a long time I have wanted to go to the Alpine Slides for my birthday.  My friends surprised me and forced me to go have fun because I can be kind of stubborn.  My favorite part of the trip was when we were looking up at the ski lifts to take us to the top and my friend's 3 year old daughter said "I don't trust that".  We were able to get her through her nerves and she did great on the slide.  So much fun!  Thank you girls!  And thank you for not giving up on me...I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

1 Special Comments:

Beth said...

Oh Deb, welcome to the club :) I know exactly what you are talking about. I am pretty good at managing my time now though! Glad you had some fun. Wish I was there to kidnap you!!