Sunday, August 25, 2013

Where did the time go?

I have had a mental block from my blog if you haven't noticed.  Every time I sat down to write something I couldn't bring myself to write and the fact that I'm not sure anyone even really reads these.  So for those few readers that do keep up with me I'll give a run down of what our summer entailed.  First of all, I have been absolutely horrible at taking pictures.  Thank goodness Maryn has a camera and when we were on our trips she was our designated picture taker.  Usually it's the middle child that doesn't have any pictures.  Well for our family it's going to be my baby boy.  Mommy still loves you though and I have snapped plenty of video of you shaking your body to techno music.


I got to take the kids to Boise and we had a fun time with Aunt Jahaza as we braved my family reunion her and I with the kids.  My SIL is also my cousin so I get to see her on both sides of the family.  Pretty cool!  We swam in hot springs and the kids thought that was the coolest thing in the world.  Even the toilets were heated which at first I was having some type of hot flash only to realize the toilet water was 100 degrees.  

I took the kids to Family Camp up near Twin Falls.  We got to go on multiple four wheeler rides and hikes.  The kids put a little production on in the theater they had there.  We got to celebrate Grandpa's 80th birthday party in style with a Luau.  A few weeks later after camp we were checking the kids ears with a scope because they had ear infections and found a bug in Maryn's ear.  Utterly disgusting but we survived and was able to get it out.  Thank goodness it was dead and the scope made it look so much bigger than it really was.

We got to see a red sun.  The pictures don't do it justice but it was blood red from all the fires that have been burning.  

Maryn accomplished her goal of doing a hand stand for 30 seconds.  I know you may think this is a ridiculous goal but it's one thing she was persistent on accomplishing and I'm proud of her for not giving up.  It took her over a year and a half to accomplish this.

Macey is working so hard on her goal of reading all her sight words.  You can just see her little world opening up when she sounds out words and discovers they say something.  I think when a child reads there world gets so much bigger.  Then when you're child gets their driving license it gets HUGE.    

Then there were swimming lessons and Maryn especially got to go multiple times to splash parks and I was able to take the kids to a cute little beach in Herriman.

Maryn has started school and Macey will start pre-school and she is so excited.  Little Buddy will be all mine for a few hours each week.  We have a major goal for him and hopefully he'll accomplish it.  You'd think after potty training 2 kids I would find it a breeze but it's just not that simple with my kids.  Hopefully the one on one will prove to be helpful.  

This summer I was able to finish 2 new songs which brings it to 5.  One in particular I love, love, love.  It's just so much fun.  It's scary to share these songs with people because it makes me so vulnerable but it's been good therapy for me to have an outlet.  I have a ton of projects that I have lined up for the next month that are do or die so hopefully I'll be able to finish all of them.  One of them is in progress right now hopefully I'll be able to show you the end product.  I have to be finished soon because I miss my bed.  The faux paint will be no more and we're putting on new baseboards.  It's long over due!!!   


My baby is playing way too hard


30 second hand stand goal

This looks pink but it did look bright red

New hair cuts for the school year

First day of school


The room I'm re modeling 
   

Lunch at the rest stop in Snowville



The train depot in Boise


Great Grandpa Meldrum's 90th birthday party



Candid photos by Maryn

Family Camp

Luau Pictures

The birthday boy






In all three pics Buddy would not smile without being silly
In all three pics Buddy would not smile without being silly


Buddy and I had a nice four wheeler ride up the mountain and we watched the sunset
Buddy and I had a nice four wheeler ride up the mountain and we watched the sunset

4 Special Comments:

Beth said...

Deb, I love reading your blog and all your adventures with your kids this summer! I also have to tell you how talented you are and to keep writing those songs! Good luck with the potty training! My boys were MUCH harder than my girl, but I hope he catches on quickly. You are just amazing, lylas!

Meg said...

Fun summer.

AJ said...

I can't believe how much the kids have grown!

Unknown said...

I read your posts! And it's the only way I keep caught up on what the kids look like.