Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Let the Freezer Meals Commence

I feel like a little squirrel gathering nuts for the winter.  I have a list a mile long of freezer meals.  My goal is 20 meals but if I go over sayyyyy 30 I will be happy.  I noticed on my list I'm totally favoring the chicken.  I've taken a lot of my own recipes and made it possible to freeze and found a TON on pinterest, six sister stuff and pioneer woman.  So hopefully some of them will be winners.  If any of you have any thing other than chicken let me know I would be more than happy to try them out.  So I guess there is a science to freezer meals.  My sister in law used to have freezer meal clubs.  Each of them would cook the same thing 6 to 8 times (however many people were in the group) then they would have a meeting place and keep one of the meals and swap the other ones.  It's a freezer meal swap.  Or other times the group would just get all together and they would all be in the kitchen cooking a weeks worth of meals.  If only I had the gourmet kitchen of my dreams to do that.  I'll keep dreaming and be happy with my little but useful kitchen.  Maybe I'll have to start a freezer meal group one of these days.

In other news I finished my bedroom.  It looks gorgeous!  Sorry still lazy to take pics.  Maybe after I get my window coverings installed.  I still need to decorate but I'll leave that for another day.  So the paint ordeal.  For people who know me it takes me forever to make a decision when it comes to picking a color to paint my walls.  So it literally took me 1 year to pick out the perfect color.  I get the paint and come home and notice it's not really the right color.  So I tell myself it's just probably because it's not on the wall and it's wet.  So I paint the walls and nah it's not anything close to what I picked and the trim color seemed off.  Don't get me wrong it's a pretty color but not what I picked.  So me being the super anxious everything has to be perfect when I choose something type of person goes back to the store to confirm if I'm crazy or not and come to find out the manager thinks the pump is going out and lucky me was the one to make the discovery.  I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but my heart sunk from my expectations.  So the guy at the store said we can either replace the paint (mind you I have already FINISHED) or we can refund all your money.  I asked him to repeat that last statement and yes we would refund your money.  I guess I can live with the wrong color if that's the case.  I did end up re buying the right color for the trim because I couldn't sacrifice on that because it's going through out my whole house.  My husband said that I'm resolved of color picking duties for the other rooms.  I told him I'd rather be mad at myself for picking the wrong colors then blaming him for something I don't like...and he said GOOD CALL.  Boy, this really paints me as a really uptight person but don't worry I only have expectations for myself no one else so no worries.  And don't worry we're not moving just finally fixing up our house.  You don't know how much little things weigh on you until you get them fixed.  And that goes figuratively too.

1 Special Comments:

AJ said...

I understand how it is with paint. Tom and I always go together for paint. He never picks the right color. And it always dries different than it looks in the can no matter how careful I am.