Friday, September 27, 2013

Third Times a Charm

I like to hold my cards close sometimes and didn't want to talk about this until after it happened.  Just had a pretty major surgery yesterday.  I'm feeling pretty good.  About 17 years ago I had injured my knee and since then have had problems with it.  I've known for a long time that I have needed to do the surgery over again.  I had a second surgery to clear out the scar tissue and it just wasn't enough when I was 18.  I had scheduled the surgery 2 years ago but things fell through.  Finally the moons had aligned and I was able to get my ACL replaced again.  I was extremely nervous before hand and didn't want to be reminded of it over and over again so I only told a hand full of people.  Hence, all the freezer meals...to make it easier on my family.

So far so good.  I don't remember much and SO glad I didn't wake up during the surgery.  At the surgical center they were telling me stories about it that was freaking me out.  I felt a little silly because when I was waking up out of anesthesia I was whimpering audibly because my leg ached.  So, I'll be bedridden for the next 7 days and after that will be able to start my physical therapy.

Dad Murdock has been here helping and made some venison stew yesterday.  It was some of the best stews I've had in a long time.  Everything tastes better when it's made by someone else.  My sister was joking that it took 2 grown men to run the household and between the 2 of them it's still been chaotic.  I'll be sad to see Dad go on Saturday but have appreciated his help so much.  He's a good man.

I have a long road ahead of me to recovery.  Your body heals a lot differently when you get older.  So hopefully I will up to the task.  I'm a very stubborn person so this can't keep me down too long.  It's been so frustrating over the years being limited in my exercise.

I got 2 blankets to crochet this week and work on my kids scrapbooks.  Matty transferred everything to a network so I can access it from the laptop.  It will be nice to get Macey's and Mason's first year completely finished.  Better late than never right?!?!

1 Special Comments:

Beth said...

I hope you have a good recovery Deb!! Don't push yourself too much though, give it time :) lylas!!