I completed some projects in the past few weeks and it's funny but I found myself not knowing what to do with my new found time at night. Of course you always have those lifer projects that never end but I didn't feel like jumping into those. I almost felt lost there for a little while. I can now show a blanket I finished for my niece since I got a lovely phone call last night that they had received it. It's sad because their kids are about the ages of my kids but my children only know them by pictures.
I made a ladybug blanket and did all the applique. I have to say that was probably the most fun I had with this blanket was designing the applique. I like to draw somewhat but it's not a passion or anything. I remember being really down on myself in a sacrament meeting when I was a little girl because my little brother who was probably 8 at the time was drawing these amazing comics and I remember asking my Dad why I couldn't draw like my brother. He wrote back on the sacrament bulletin saying that I would find my talent and would be really good at it. Fast forward 25 years later I am a jack of all trades master of none but I have been blessed with abilities and talents that make me happy but not only do they make me happy I get to bless other people with them. I have a friend that teases me because every crochet blanket I have ever made I've given away. I think that's the best part of all of it...seeing people's faces light up when you give them something that you made. Now if I could only have an infinite amount of money to support my crafting habit.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Craft Photos
at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 Special Comments:
Oh my goodness, BEAUTIFUL!!! :) I LOVE that quilt, and your scrapbook angels are perfect! :) I know the feeling about giving things away, too, LOL - too funny! :) Glad you were able to wrap up some projects, and hope you find some new ones (or a new interest) to take up that space! :)
i love it, i've loved all the ladybug crafts you've done lately. i like that you're a jack of all trades, who else would i call when i have questions about random things
Post a Comment