Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You'll never guess

If I was to give you a couple of guesses on what I purchased for myself today I bet you'd never guess.  I don't buy stuff for myself that often so this is a HUGE stretch for me.  At first thought you would think...kitchen appliance.  That would've been a safe guess, but no.  Then again you would've said maybe a craft thing or fabric, safe guess too, but no.

I bought myself a purse/handbag.

I KNOW...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!  My husband said I need to be careful because I'm turning feminine. When I told him on the phone he went dead silent.  Earlier in the week I said don't laugh but I think I want to buy a purse...he about choked.  I'm just so full of surprises.  I'm not sure why I resist feminine things but it's awkward for me always playing sports.  It took me until college to finally wear make up.  I figure if I've carried a diaper bag around for 7 years I can carry a purse...ya know, lets just call it a hand bag...I like that better.  I needed something I could put my cell phone, wallet and flying info in for my upcoming trip and carrying a diaper bag around with no kids wouldn't be that classy.  I'm just sayin'.  I went for simple, compact and not bulky with a wide strap.  Sorry, too lazy to snap a pic but I like it.  I think it will work quite nice.  Now I'm on the hunt for some 'saxey' black high heels that are not too high but comfortable.  Is there such a thing as comfortable high heels, there's an oxymoron for you.  I've been searching for a while but haven't been able to come up with anything.  So, if you know of a good place let me know. 

2 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

yay!! Good for you! what kind of purse is it? I'm with you on the high heels. have yet to find a place to get them comfortable...although I do want to try the TOMS heels (more like wedge), those look comfy.

AJ said...

LOl...I think Hannah is following in your footsteps. She turned down a Mary Kay party because "they'll want to put make up on my face."