Monday, August 13, 2012

Three Weeks, Three Weddings

Our summer is not slowing down but doing the exact opposite.  I've said before that I'm not one to pile a whole bunch of stuff into a week but we're coming down to the wire for the end of summer.  School starts in 3 weeks and beginning this weekend will be a marathon of weddings to attend.  There was actually a fourth but our family just couldn't do it.  I'm trying to contain my excitement because there is a bit of anxiousness intertwined with it but I'll be going to California to see my baby brother get married.  I've always wanted to go to California and here is my chance.  The next week Logan, Utah/Franklin, ID then the week after that we had family camp moved to Labor Day Weekend so Matt's sister could have the whole family there for her wedding.  It's at an old school school building that was converted to a resort.  It looks like a fun place.  Hopefully all will go as planned.  The girls are excited and Buddy is just Buddy...he goes with the flow.  Hopefully I'll have some good pics after this month is over.

Both Macey and Maryn passed their first level of swim lessons and we were able to squeeze in 2 more weeks.  Hopefully they will do their best and continue to get better.  I love watching them get better at something.  It also helps that someone else is teaching them.  They listen so much better to other people.  I've learned a ton too...I think I'm going to sign myself up for swim lessons.  It's better late then never, right?!?!

My little garden is producing like mad.  I so wish that I had a garden plot that was 15 times bigger but I make do with what I have.  I'm sad my butternut squash didn't make it and there were some things that started growing in my garden that I'm pretty sure that I didn't plant but we'll take it and make use of it.  Someone gave me a really good idea to plant marigolds outlining my garden to keep out the critters and not only has it helped keep the gopher dudes out it is so beautiful and adds so much color to our backyard.  And BOY do those flowers bloom like crazy!  I'll have to try to get a pic of it...I made sure to get Matt's favorite color orange and in the mix was a rogue yellow flower.  It's right in the middle dividing the garden so it looks pretty cool.  I planted from seed and it's so amazing to watch something grow from nothing to something wonderful.

This is kind of a random post but something that made me chuckle the other day Maryn was asking me how long I was going to live.  There has been a lot of death in our family and a lot of questions from my children.  We have been trying our best to educate them and give them the tools needed to mourn and get through these things.  Of course their first initial response is if our loved ones can die you can die too so that's been in the fore front of Maryn's thoughts.  I let her know I would be here as long as God would allow me to be here.  Then she asked me how long I was going to be her Mom.  I said, "Oh, you're stuck with me forever but I'll be here as long as you guys still need me."  Then she asked again, then how long will that be?  At that point Macey piped in and said, "YEA, we get to buy a new mommy!"  Funny but kind of not funny.  It made me laugh.  

1 Special Comments:

Lisa said...

I seriously need to take swim lessons too. I don't know how to swim. Kind of embarrassing!

All of your trips sound like they will be a lot of fun!