Monday, March 12, 2012

Thank you Sally DeFord

If you are LDS and know music, Sally DeFord is well-known name.  She allows people to use her sheet music free of charge.  And this is not any type of music it is some of the most well written pieces that I've come across. She has a talent for creating original compositions as well as arranging hymns.  We've had a loss in our family and maybe in a few days I'll write some things here but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it right now.  I knew at one point in time I would be asked to sing from a conversation with this person I had years ago.  This is not such an easy task to try to hold things together.  The music I was asked to sing I thought I would be able just to download it off of defordmusic.com but for some reason the arrangement was no longer available.  I got the wild idea to contact Sally DeFord herself thinking that I wouldn't get a response because she probably has better things to do than cater to some no name person that she has never met in her life.  Not only did I get a response but she responded back to me within just a few short hours of me sending the e-mail PLUS with the music attached.  You will forever have my loyalty Miss Sally!  You're a classy lady and thank you for helping me out so quickly!

3 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

How have I never heard of her?! I must check out her site. Oh man, I'm sorry for your loss. *HUGS*
It is the hardest thing to sing at a funeral - something I've never been able to do without bawling through it. I don't know how people hold it together.

Thank you for your comment. and yes! I had actually read that ksl article this morning and it made me realize a lot of things about me. I actually linked it in my blog post (the word "This" in pink is the link to it). Such a great article.

Undaunted said...

That is wonderful. I used some of her free music for a lesson a couple of months ago. Love that she was so nice.

Alison said...

Oh, I'm so glad! One less worry on your mind of getting the music. I know you'll do amazing. Just look over the top of everyone's heads, don't look down.