Regal, queenly, angel, proper, classy, amazing, graceful. These are all words that I've heard the last couple of days from various people that describe my mother-in-law. Mother passed away last Sunday. Our family has mixed feelings we miss her terribly but her suffering has come to end. For the last 9 months Mom has endured so much pain and suffering but never once did she ever complain. She was still graceful even midst great restrictions from her ailing health. We were able to be with family this past weekend to honor mom which I am very grateful and a tender mercy in itself that we were able to travel with our little family to be there. Mom was a very refined woman with a lot of talents but her biggest accomplishment in her life was her life long dedication to her family. She sacrificed so much for her family and even until the end was continually thinking and worrying about them.
She loved Matthew so much she insisted on seeing him the day before she passed. She made the drive to come see him because it was important to her. We didn't know that it would be the last time we saw her but the last words we heard uttered which was difficult for her to speak was love you. We are saddened that our children will not know personally their grandmother but she has left us with a beautiful life history that we can share with them so they will never forget her legacy. Truly a remarkable woman!! We love you mom and will miss you!
Here are some pictures of Mom with each of my children.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Special Comments:
oh Deb, I am so sorry. She looked like such a classy pretty woman! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Is there anything I can do for you?
I am sorry for your loss. I know you admired her so much. It is times like these I am grateful we know that we will be reunited with our families once again. If you need anything please let me know.
Such a beautiful post to honor your Mother in Law. One that I am sure she is pleased with, knowing that you will continue to keep the memories shared staying strong to help keep her nearby. For truly the veil is so much thinner than we think. I have so recently learned that it's not so much a physical veil, but one of the heart. If you and your family stays close to the Lord you will truly FEEL the loving influence of your mother very close by.
So love you Debs. Please know that you can always email, or call me.... do you even have my number?
=)Tanya
Post a Comment