Matt and I celebrated our 10th anniversary yesterday. Do you remember those thought provoking questions in high school where they ask you where you think you will be in 10 years? Well, for Matt and I, we've moved 3 times and have lived in 3 different states. We've had 3 children during that time. Matt finished his schooling and is a successful electrical engineer and I became a full time mom and I'm a domestic engineer. We've had our ups and downs but we have stuck by each other in every decision and situation we have been faced with both good and bad. I love you and in answer to your question YES I will be here another 10 years and how many more that God will grant me.
Last night, another little tender mercy, we were able to go on a REAL date. Thank you Alison for taking the kids. I booked tickets at the Desert star. It was a very funny night. It was a little slow going at first but one of the cast members was chucking toast in the audience and a little bit later one of the audience members wadded up a piece of bread and threw it back just nearly missing him. He said, "oh no you didn't". From then on it was just a lot of laughs. We got picked on for having an anniversary(I kind of set it up) but I was the brunt of the joke it turned out. When asked how long we had been married Matt said 10 LONG years. The guy announcing played off of that and it was a revolving joke for the rest of the time. He then asked if anyone was on any first dates and no one replied and then asked anyone on any last dates and Matt and I both raised our hands. Pure classic! We got to kiss in front of everyone. Matt also got rubbed against by a man dressed up like Shania Twain singing That Don't Impress Me Much. By the end of the night when we were walking out and one of the audience members asked Matt if he needed a ride home. It was pretty funny. A fun night. Happy Anniversary Babe!
2 Special Comments:
Happy 10 years to you guys! Glad you got to have a fun night on the town. :)
Congratulations on 10 years! It sure does seem to go by fast.
Post a Comment