Sunday, April 1, 2012

Good to have family

We got a good dose of a lot of family this weekend.  Usually the saying is it's good to see them come and good to see them go but that's not the case.  If time warranted we wish they could have stayed longer.  Our Boise family who we used to live by came and stayed the weekend with us.  I spoiled them by making cheesecakes and ice cream(something by the way I have not done in a long time) and food as far as the eye can see.  Dad also tagged a long and we were grateful that we have a big enough home to house 7 extra people.  On Friday Matt got off work early when he found out the family had arrived and when he got home my sweet husband grabbed two of our nephews and my bro in law and they helped lay sod for our neighbors across the street from us.  Now if you have ever seen a Murdock work it's something to behold.  They do the work of 5 men.  They got their front yard knocked out in record time.  It was quite impressive actually.  After they came in we went to play in our park.  It is so lovely to have a park so close by.  I'm very anxious for them to get more finished.

Our family staying with us got the opportunity to go to conference on Saturday and we got to play with their youngest that wasn't old enough to go.  I found out another nephew and more family was going to be just down the road at our local high school for a rugby game so I escaped for 2 hours to watch him play.  It was a blood bath but very fun to watch.  I even got to watch my nephew score the last points of the game to tie it up.

We are far away from a lot of our family and it's hard to explain how it is not having them close.  There are times where I just long to have my family near by because they are 1500 miles away.  I am grateful to have Matt's family...still far away but close enough that we get to see them.  For those of you who do have family near be thankful for them.  If you have bad feelings among members of your family resolve them, get over yourself and forgive them.  Make every effort to be apart of their life.  Don't waste another minute.  I'm thankful that we were able to have them this weekend.  I feel recharged and able to start another week.

0 Special Comments: