Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Odds and Ends

Not much has been going on.  Maryn has been off track for the last week or so we have been trying to keep the noise level to a minimum in the house.  It's amazing how the dynamics of the house change when one person is home.  Macey has been having a tough time having her here.  She is my sidekick when Maryn is at school and when Maryn is home she is invading Macey's turf.  I am proud of myself...it gives me serious anxiety to take all my kids in public(I know I only have 3 but my kids are anything but quiet).  I am the woman in the store where people are rolling their eyes wondering why that woman can't control her children.  Which is sad because I'm an experienced mom.  Anyhoo...I successfully took my kids to see a movie.  A newer one too!  There was one point through the movie where Maryn started asking for snacks...seriously we just ate lunch 30 minutes ago.  This is always a source of contention so I told her to hold on till later.  I didn't want a huge brawl in the front row of the theater.  Thank goodness she forgot and we made it.  It helps my confidence to want to do more stuff like this if the kids are good.

We've been going to our new park that was built last year.  It's been nice to have a park this close for the kids to play at.  We've also have had a revolving door of family in the last 3 weeks which has been great!

I have been on a hiatus as of the last year as far as baked goods go.  Just this last week I've had the urge to start trying new recipes again and I need to go invest in some different sizes of spring form pans.  Also, I have an electric pressure cooker and I found out there is a way to cook cheesecake in it.  Cheesecakes can be expensive so why not make little miniature cheesecakes.  They have these cute little pans you can get.  I'm excited to find the right ones.  How cool would it be to give those little baby cheesecakes as a gift?

Something funny Macey said last night.  Matt was coming downstairs singing something to the girls and Macey said, "Dad, you're not speaking the right Spanich."  She repeated "Spanich" about 4 times until she slowed down and said Spanish.  She's had a lot of good one liners including, "you gotta be kidding me" and some other funnies.

This was a video short I recorded of our Techno Dance Night.  Don't you love how Macey is using Buddy to twirl around.

0 Special Comments: