*DISCLAIMER* Do not let your 12 or younger kiddos read this post...spoiler alert regarding Christmas.
This past week we were driving and my kids have been at constant war with each other. This is not a new thing but it's getting out of control. I was telling the kids in the car that I received a letter from Santa and it said that he was disappointed about all the fighting that has been going on. In the back seat of the car Maryn blurted out something to the effect of Daddy and I being Santa. I looked in the rear view mirror at her and just said don't forget there is children in the car that believe and she started back tracking then said Oh I mean Santa is always watching isn't he. I was taken back that I was outed by my 6 year old! My first thought was she is not supposed to know yet!!! And the second thought was WHO TOLD HER????
Remember that deductive reasoning I was telling you about regarding the tooth fairy? Well, I guess when Matt was talking to her about keeping the magic alive for the kids she put two and two together and lumped in Santa with that. I asked Matt later in the day after that had happened if he had told her and he racked his brain and swore that he didn't say anything about Santa. I wasn't completely sure if she was joking with me or not so I fished around today to see exactly what the kid knew. She ended up whispering to Matt what she knew and she said that Daddy had told her that we were Santa but she would keep our secret safe and would tell no one. A little bit of my heart hurt! There is something magical about Christmas when you have children. You get to see the excitement in their eyes on Christmas morning. I guess I wasn't prepared for her to know this soon. You try so hard to make things magical for your children it's hard to see them grow up so fast. At least she wasn't devastated. She just commented I guess I won't ask for a Barbie car now because you said it was too expensive.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Figuring out the Magic of Christmas
at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Special Comments:
I am sorry, it really does take a little of the magic away from the holiday :( Jaxon has never believed in the tooth fairy or Easter bunny so I am expecting him to figure out the Santa thing really soon.
Haha! :) We have a tough time getting our older boy to believe some of these "traditions of our fathers" too, LOL... Miss Maryn is such a smart little lady! :) And being able to backtrack and be part of the game afterwards is just AWESOME. :) Love her!
Post a Comment