Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Music

When you think of Christmas music which artists immediately come to mind?

For me it's:
Martina McBride
Michael Buble
Johnny Mathis
Bing Crosby
Dean Martin
Karen Carpenter
Amy Grant

Okay, so it's a bit of a list but these artists have come to define the Christmas music I listen to.  I guess you could also throw in Josh Groban in there too.  Which, by the way, I totally thought I saw him in the music store the other day at a glance and my heart about stopped.  Then come to find out it was a cardboard cut out of him...how cruel!  How I would love to duet with him and Buble for that matter.  Look at me talking like I'm a professional singer.

Anyway, I love the feelings that Christmas music invokes and the peace and happiness that I feel when I listen to it.  It's kind of like...yeah...things are going to be okay.  Things are not always peachy keen and this music grounds me for some reason.

I'm excited to get the opportunity to go play at Macey's again this year!  I look forward to playing that I've gotten over my jitters and have the confidence to do it.  Now I just get to go and have fun.  If you want the dates and times e-mail me.  I'll be able to sign up for more after the 21st.  I thought it would be so cool to have a sing flash mob type thing.  You look like random shoppers but start singing to Rudolph!  How awesome would that be?!?!  Well...I guess I'll keep dreaming.

3 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome!!! :) I'm so excited for you - have a TON of fun playing!!! :) I love a lot of the same music, too... *happy sigh*...

Shannon said...

those are ALL my FAVORITE christmas music artists! We grew up listening to all of them. So good! If you want more good music look up 'The Singers Unlimited' on itunes. That's another we grew up listening to. I love Christmas music! What an awesome way to feel the spirit of christmas by playing at Macy's! So fun!

Shannon said...

ok, that last comment was by me...not sure why it didn't show my name there. :)