Friday, September 2, 2011

Keanu Reeves Birthday is today...

and so is mine.  Except I'm in my thirties and well...he is a bit past that.  So, I was trying to think of what I could write for my birthday and finally decided on writing 33 things about me that are random.  Why 33 you ask?  Believe it or not that is how old I am today.  Some of the facts you may know already but I'll try to throw a few in there that you might not.

1.  There are 7 siblings in my family and I'm the middle child
2.  It's hard for me to say that I have favorite things for some reason so I tend to steer away from saying that word.
3.  If I'm in the store and a product says cinnamon or honey in it I'm more likely to buy it.
4.  I like anything with strawberries in it.
5.  My employees used to bribe me with Italian Soda's and Strawberry smoothies
6.  I used to deliver teeth for a living
7.  I used to wash planes for a summer job
8.  I also painted houses for another summer job
9.  It gives me anxiety to answer the phone
10.  It gives me more anxiety to call people on the phone.
11.  I talk to myself and it drives my 6 year old crazy
12.  I played my first tune on the piano by ear when I was 2 and it was the McDonald's jingle
13.  There was a gal that used to live with our family and she sang opera and I used to imitate her
14.  I rode my bike in a ditch when I was a kid trying to impress a guy
15.  I get obsessive over new recipes.
16.  I got my friend almost arrested on the freeway
17.  I've never been to California and have always wanted to go
18.  I have a secret addiction about knowing what celebrities are doing and will read the wonderwall
19.  I used to short sheet my brothers bed and was an accomplice to putting his hand in water to see if the reaction of wetting the bed would really work.  It was scientific.
20.  I got to ride in a bi-plane and steer it for a little bit
21.  I love amusement parks, rides, roller coasters and the smell of the food
22.  I saved a kitten from being run over in the middle of a 6 way intersection during rush hour traffic
23.  I wanted to go to space as a kid then found out that math wasn't my strongest subject
24.  My husband and I broke up twice before we got married
25.  For fun in college we used to hang on the back of cars bumpers and go hooky bobby
26.  I was on a Wallyball team in college that won the championship game.
27.  I had the chance to sing for Michael McLean
28.  I always feel like I was born in the wrong era because I'm very old fashioned in a lot of ways...just to give you an idea Caroline Ingalls is my hero
29.  I can't wear contacts anymore and it makes me sad
30.  I have walked into a stop sign before and laid myself out flat
31.  I scared my mom one year for Thanksgiving...while the turkey was thawing in the sink I cut out eyes for it and put a knife pointing towards it and it looked like the turkey was screaming
32.  I love to put frosting on graham crackers
33.  I have been blessed in my life wherever I go I am surrounded by amazing friends that put up with my stubborness

And on that last note...thank you for my friends who whisked me away for lunch yesterday and took my kids for a little while to give me a much needed rest.  You gals are awesome and I'm grateful to have you in my life.  I'm sorry I'm so difficult sometimes.

7 Special Comments:

The Jensens said...

Happy Birthday Deb!!!! I am glad you got to get away for a bit and enjoy the day.

Shannon said...

Happy (late) birthday Deb!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!! I loved reading these things about you. We really are so much alike...number 18 I laughed out loud, because I'm the same. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

John said...

I remember some of those things. You saved a kitten! And which brother did you perform these "experiments" on anyway?

AJ said...

Happy Birthday! I'm the same way about the phone. And I'm sad I can't wear contacts anymore, too.

Beth said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I wish I could celebrate with you. You are a wonderful and unique person!!

The Crazy Heads said...

That was wonderful!!! Hope you had a really great day!

Anne Marie Corey said...

LOL at #14, 18 and 30. Seriously funny, Deb!