Friday, September 30, 2011

Busy morning and it's only 9:15

This morning I was helping get Maryn ready for school and her tooth which has been dangling for a while was just calling for me to be pulled.  I looked at the clock and her ride was going to be there in 10 minutes.  Decisions, decisions...yup, I yanked that tooth out.

Didn't take very long...this tooth has been loose for literally months.  So long in fact we lost count.  She screamed when I just wiggled her tooth so I got my best grip and it popped out.  She was screaming until she saw the tooth then said, "OH" and started giggling.

Then, baby girl number 2 told me she had to go potty.  She went on her own yesterday night...HUGE MILESTONE!  So this morning I told her if she needed to go to let me know.  A few minutes later...MOMMY I HAVE TO GO POTTY!!!  So we ran up stairs and within a minute the happy sound of tinkling was heard.  Such a joyous sound!!  Macey gets to have a sleep over with Maryn tonight in her room because she showed us she's a big girl and as soon as she is potty trained Maryn will get a new roommate!  Happy Days!!
Buddy Guy has been just that...buddy guy!  His little personality is finally being seen through all his little temper tantrums and he's actually a pretty funny guy.  He also loves to cuddle and kiss.  He smacked a huge kiss on my friend's lips a couple weeks back in church.  Surprised me and surprised her!  He loves his Daddy and Grandpa so much and is the biggest cuddliest guy!  Something my girls were not when they were babies.  He is getting more vocal and can say "I did it" and "Deus" (translation Jesus).


 Some other happenings are Macey and Mason helped me make cookies this week.  Well, more so eat the chocolate chips.
My little creation below has confirmed further proof that I am extremely weird and my kids have no chance at having a normal childhood.  Although they did have immense fun playing with Larry until he got eaten.  Larry is courtesy of our garden.  Maryn wanted to also make Bob but I was a little leery of that.

I finished Mason's quilt top finally and just need to attach the bottom.  I am cheap so I'm waiting to get the backing until next week so I can use my 50% coupon.  And I'm super excited about Maryn's magnet board.  My friend's husband works in the wood business and was able to find me a wood remnant that is perfect and beautiful...also waiting for the scrapbook papers to go on sale next week so I can get that finished.  If anyone knows of a company that cuts sheet metal for the small customer let me know.  I'm usually not the girly type but it will be all sorts of pinks, purples, bright green and white.

2 Special Comments:

Heather Hemingway said...

Your kids are getting so big!! Congrats on Maryn's tooth and Macey's potty! Those are both big milestones! It is hard for me not to think of Maryn as just a little baby:) I can tell you are doing a good job with them. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

OH my GOODNESS, Mason is getting so big!!! :) He looks more like a big boy all the time! :) Congrats to Miss Macey on pottying, too - we'll keep our fingers (and legs?) crossed for her! :) (And chocolate chips NEED help being eaten, right? ;) Just sitting there, looking desperate and lonely, otherwise! ;) )