Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Word of Advice

If you see something that you would like to get but you justify like I do and so I'll just wait until it goes on sale or I'll wait until I have a little bit more time or I'll get around to it later...STOP JUSTIFYING AND JUST GET IT!!!  Three times now I've been burned waiting for the perfect time.

Case number 1:  The first product they discontinued it.  It was my absolute favorite shampoo and conditioner and now they are selling on ebay for an absorbent amount of money.  Which even then when I knew it was discontinued I still could've have bought it for half of what I can actually get it for now but still didn't jump on it.

Case number 2:  Oh coveted comforter set how I've been looking at you for over a year now and finally got the "go ahead and get it honey" line that I have been waiting to hear.  I can't buy things on my own I need my husband to tell me that's it okay when actuality I could have bought it a year ago.  I don't need his permission I just need his push and shove to get me to do things so I don't feel bad spending money.  So, I gleefully go down to the store and there are no King Sizes.  I check every store in Utah and come to find out they probably won't get this back in stock and to make things worse they were moved to the clearance section 2 months ago.  OUCH!  I wish I could put a tracking device on things when they go on sale it could alert me...there is an app for someone to patent.

Case number 3:  I have this shnazzy idea for Maryn's room.  She is always bringing home papers and our little fridge can't handle the work load anymore so I was going to make her a super cute magnet board.  I go to pick up the materials but where are all the oversize magnet boards.  Supposedly they weren't selling very well so they discontinued making them...I pleaded to see if they would custom make one and nope they wouldn't.  So, now I have all these little cute wood things with no magnet board to glue them on.  Did some research and found 1 place that has the right size but it's going to consist in me making a little road trip to Provo.  When I lived in Seattle I didn't hesitate driving 45 minutes to an hour to get to certain places but with kids you search for stores that are within driving distance of about 10 minutes or less.  I love my Maryn that much I'm gonna do it and make the drive and you bet I'm using a coupon to cut the price of this product in half to justify using the gas to get there.  Road trip anyone?

Sidenote:  If the Roberts that was 10 minutes from my house wouldn't have closed I wouldn't have to make this little trip.  Bring back my craft store please!!  Or better yet build a JoAnn's and a Roberts here on the west side to appease my addiction to craft!

4 Special Comments:

AJ said...

I hate when that happens. I'd totally go to Provo with you if I was down there.

Lisa said...

That is the worst when that happens. There is a magnet board that I found on pinterest that I was thinking about doing for Audrey and they use just a giant oil pan. You can obviously decorate it so cute too and you can get it at Walmart or an auto store! Here is the link:

http://nicandkate09.blogspot.com/2011/08/alphabet-board.html

Shannon said...

I can't even tell you how many times I have done that! It drives me crazy.

The Wendt Wagon said...

I love this post. I do that to myself all of the time. I too feel guilty buying the little extras that really we dont need, and anything for myself. THanks for your comment on my blog. I laughed so hard when I read it.I forgot all about the rice. Yes I did learn my lesson, and I never have put a full pot of rice down the sink ever again.