Sunday, August 28, 2011

Murphy's Law

When I was a kid my dad had a sign of Murphy's Laws on a cabinet in his garage.  The first law was "If anything can go wrong, it will" among a few other laws a long the same line.  This Thursday was supposed to be my surgery  day.  The time has gone slow to get to this point but fast in the respect that this week has arrived.  After all the waiting and anticipation I had to postpone my surgery for a bit.  So maybe, I'll still be able to try to get the side of the house done before the snow hits and get my huge landscaping project done.  Or maybe I'll actually get finished Mason's quilt I've set out to do...I even have everything cut, just need to sew the little thing together.  Maybe just maybe, I'll be able to make a fun cake for Macey's birthday...she'll be 3 in just over a month.  Maybe I could sneak a trip in to the tram in Snowbird I've been wanting to go on for a few years.  Maybe, I can get the nursery painted and junglized like I've wanted.  Maybe I'll try to get a fun magnet board made so Maryn can put up her accomplishments at school...I just need to take my ideas and make them come to life.  Maybe I'll cheat and play volleyball with the ward this year as long as I take it easy.  Who knows...the possibilities are endless.  So I guess I'll make the most out of the extra time that I have until a new plan for a surgery date is made.  

2 Special Comments:

Lisa said...

What surgery are you having? I hope you are okay!!

John said...

I just cleaned out the garage and I saw that Murphy's Law thingy. We had a garage sale and sold some of Mom and Dad's stuff. Make about $65 dollars, not bad. Hope you are well. When does Maryn start school?!