We had our Uncle David from Washington at our disposal for 7 days. We were sad to see him go on Thursday and hopefully we didn't scare him off because we are kind of crazy. He got us out to do some fun stuff we usually don't do because I'm hesitant to take the kids out by myself at such young ages. The first couple days Maryn and Dave broke in our Wii and played Mario Cart, Mario Land and a Dancing Game. The Dancing Game was hee-larious. I recorded a video of those two jammin' to Cindi Lauper's, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". I'll have to see if I can get that loaded up. Maryn still maintains her status as "Farkle Queen" and you know a great man by his ability to play Princess Yahtzee with the kiddos.
We also got to take the kids to the dollar theater and see Kung Fu Panda 2. Mason lasted through the previews and I think my muscles are that much stronger from wrestling him for and hour and a half. But the girls loved the movie. We also were brave and took the kids to the pool. That turned out better than the movie. Before we left to the pool we were having lunch and Macey asked David if he had his bathing suit. He said, "I do have one but I got fat and it doesn't fit anymore so I left it at home." Macey then said, "Oh, you can wear mine."
Also, thank you Uncle David for the hidden gifts you left behind. I knew you were up to something when you were dodging me in Walmart and keeping your distance. The girls said their favorite part of you being here was playing zombie monster in the back yard when they were hitting you with the ball and you were falling over. We love you and hopefully we can do this again next year!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Uncle David Rocks!
at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Special Comments:
What a cute uncle. I love it when my brother comes to visit too. And what a cute quote from Macey.
Post a Comment