I'm half way through the year and how am I doing on my "to do" list for the year? Good and not so good. I guess it's all about perspective. I am about two-thirds the way done on 3 goals and 1 and 16 I have been good about doing but those are on going. I guess I'll give you an insight on what I'm doing.
Goal 1: Work on Food Storage
This one is a hard one for me because we use our food storage too fast and I always forget to re stock. So what I've been doing if something is on sale and it fits into the budget I force myself to buy it to stock up. I've been so used to buying what we only need for the week for so long(result of being poor college folk) that for some reason it takes all my effort to buy more. I'm slowly learning though. It's been nice to have things on hand when I think I'm out and then go, oh, I have that in storage.
Goal 16: Keep current on kids journals
In my effort to give my kids a gift to them when they are older I've been keeping a journal of things that they do. They all have their birth story written down and my feelings and thoughts intertwined with each. I write down there accomplishments, embarrassing moments and cute sayings. I hope it will help to give them an insight of what they were like growing up and some much needed blackmail in the future.
Goal 14: Window coverings for family room and kitchen
I am proud to say that I finally ordered the curtains for the family room. It takes me FOREVER to do stuff for my home because I'm not a decorator, everything has to be perfect and I don't want it to look ugly. So I usually end up doing nothing. I have all these ideas of what I would like to do but I have zero faith in my decorating skills. The curtains are a little on the wild side so hopefully they'll go well(my new color of interest RED). At least they'll give us more privacy when we are in our family room and keep the heat from escaping during the winter.
Goal 2: Finish Twin Quilt
I love to quilt but I have never finished anything bigger than a baby's blanket. I have had a quilt top finished for almost 7 years now(pathetic, I know) and I have still yet to finish the whole thing. I have to quilt it which shouldn't be too bad but I'm nervous about doing the binding. I know it will be fine once I start but starting is always the hard part. Here's a picture of the task at hand. Maryn has already put dibs on it.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Update on list
So, here I am trucking along. My year end has been cut short by about 3 months so I feel the rush of needing to get these things wrapped up before September. Just FYI the little procedure I had mentioned a couple posts back is happening within that month of Sept. I get to re try to fix my knee again because it's not working so great and the previous attempts have failed. I'm not going to lie I'm nervous about it...surgery is never a walk in the park but I'm hoping the long term of it will allow me to enjoy my life a little better without the pain and the ability to walk down the stairs and kneel(that's an important one since I be a prayin' kinda people). For those of you feeling sorry for me I do take cash, check or charge but will except donations in chocolate, flowers or notes (I so hope you know that I'm kidding...hard to joke around in typing)
Things will be great!!! Come what may everything will be fine.
at 5:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
Good luck on the surgery. My weigh loss has helped a lot with my knee pain but I still have to watch it. I sounds like you are doing good work. It really is a day it a time with our goals. I know you can accomplish all you set your mind to. :) Keep it up.
Beautiful Blanket! We will keep you in our prayers.
What?! You don't take paypal? :-)
Good luck with your surgery.
Deb, you are just amazing! I love seeing your goals come to life. I am so sorry about Matt's mom, please know we are thinking and praying for your family. That is just an emotional thing to go through. I didn't know about your knee. I wish I was there to lend a hand, by Sept I will have 4 kids in school all day and am looking for service to do to keep me busy....I can do the note/treat thing though!! Lylas, Beth
Post a Comment