Sunday, June 12, 2011

Undeniable Truths

One undeniable truth that has come into play in our life is that at one point or another everyone must leave this life.  No one can escape death and no one knows when it will happen.  Even with the knowledge that I have been given regarding my faith still doesn't stop the heartache that is felt with each loved one that passes.  For the past week Matt and I have taken turns visiting his sweet mother in the hospital.  She is still with us but her quality of life is not what it once was and it's difficult for us to see her suffer and struggle to do just simple things.  My heart aches for my husband because I know how much he loves his mother and honors her.  She is the most graceful and strongest woman I have ever met and I've been so blessed to have her as my mother in law.  I can't help but feel cheated that we didn't get the quality of time everyone else in the family got with her.  I feel even more cheated that my children will not be able to get the time with her that the older grand children have had over the years.  That is selfish and I'll have to resolve those feelings that I have somehow.  But for now we will cherish each day that we have with her.  I've said this before life is too short.  Live everyday with meaning and with no regrets.

 

2 Special Comments:

Lisa Robbins said...

Oh Deb, my heart hurts for you guys. I am so sorry and I hope you guys can spend as much time with her as you can.

John said...

My prayers are with you and Matt. I don't think my kids will know their grandparents either because I'm the youngest but hopefully my future wife will be on the older end of the spectrum. Love you and my prayers are with you.