Thursday, June 16, 2011

My boy turned on me

After 12 months of care my boy has turned on me.  My once cuddle bug has turned into a daddy's boy.  He wants nothing to do with me unless I'm stuffing his face full of food, even then he pounds his chest until I feed him.  Can you say demanding?  It is getting increasingly difficult to console him, pick him up or put him down to bed.  I guess he thinks I abandoned him after I stopped nursing.  With the girls we have a specific ritual of reading, prayer and a song before they go to bed and they are out like a light.  When the girls were young Matt or I used to rock with them and we would sing to them and they responded to that great.  I try to sit and rock with my boy and he thrashes, bites me and throws his head back until he can break free.  It makes me so sad because I rock with all my children but he won't let me.  I was particularly struggling the other night and Matt came in and asked to have him and he quieted right down and snuggled into Daddy's chest and zonked.  There is no sweeter feeling then holding a sleeping baby rested against your chest.  I just shook my head in frustration and left feeling a little defeated.  Then yesterday I tried to go to a RS activity and had to take the kids and for the first 20 minutes I couldn't pick him or put him down.  He just wasn't happy so I stood out in the hall and was just about to leave because I had had enough from the day and Buddy Guy wouldn't back down.  While he was still squawking one of the guys from our ward walked by and asked if he could take him in the nursery and I declined.  And all he did was put his arms out and say hey little guy do you want to come with me and Mason practically leaped into his arms.  He was tall like Matt so I'm wondering if he was thinking along the lines that he's like Dad I'll go with him.  He didn't spare a second thought to me though.

Mason is not the only one leaving me in the dust.  I was getting Macey ready for bed this past week and said let's go pick out a book to read together.  Emphatically she tells me, "No, I read with Daddy."  I get it Matt's been gone a lot but work with me kids...Mommy is not so bad!

Macey + Mason = TROUBLE

3 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

Sam has always been a daddies boy. I would do in a pinch but just barely. So I feel your pain. Hope you get it figured out.

The Jensens said...

Elijah is starting to turn on me. For almost 11 months of his life he has wanted nothing to do with Craig. Little stinkers dont they know what we go through for them :)Is a little cuddle time to much to ask for.

Meg said...

I think that Mason needs some boy time, so come up to the house and hang out, or just drop Mason off. I have TONS of boy toys that him & Teag can play with. Boys need guy time, its funny. I think its sweet that the kids want there dad, he's gone all day so that is good bonding time with Matt. I WISH Brad had that but it won't happen. Don't feel bad, your kids LOVE you SOOO much. Teag doesn't want much to do with me either but I'm all they got. Come hang out. We'll be hanging outside a lot.